EDEN wt-300 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Crockettnj, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    re the eden wt-300-

1) i read a couple reviews (harm centrl?) that commented on the overheating issue of this eden. is this problem associated with a particular year, a rare problem, or something that is problematic among eden's?

2) i know the amp is rated at 300 watts into 4 ohms. does anyone know what the 8 ohm and 2 ohm ratings are for this one?

thanks a bunch.
  2. The manual is available here, and has specifications:

175W into 8 ohms, NOT 2 ohm rated.

I don't think that overheating is a regular problem. One simple modification that helps the older (pre 2002) Eden amps is turning the cooling fan around so it blows hot air out of the back of the amp. It cools better, and is also quieter.
  3. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I had one for 12 years and the only maintenance I performed was pre amp tube replacement. My only complaint was I felt they lacked headroom at 8 ohms (175 w) And I needed two cabs to keep up with a loud drummer. They sound great (I moved up to 550WT), Are a very complete package and are well made. I did do the fan switch around, as that was a problem with the early ones (reversing the fan quieted the fan more then anything) but I had no perceptible overheat problems.