Eden WT-300 with FM radio

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pantografo64, Feb 28, 2001.

1. I just tried a new Eden WT-300 amp.
    Nice one, I liked the easiness to find usable good sounds.
    But I heard a FM radio under my passive Jazz.
    BTW I was using a premium quality cord (only one I have to say) and it didn't happen with other amps.
    Any Eden owners have the same effect?

I wouldn't like to be in the wrong place with the wrong amp prone to such things.
  2. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    cool option!
    Can't get that on my Cratepeg!!!
  3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I have a WT300 and have used it in a variety of situations over the last 2 years or so and have never got anything other than perfectly clean tone - no FM radio. I think it's more likely to be something in your bass - lack of shielding etc.

I have played some passive Fender basses and they can pick up hum from certain lights and various things in the environment. But my Tobias seems to avoid anything like this, I think it's probably down to attention to detail in the construction of the bass - there have been articles in Bass Player about adding shielding to bass electronic cavities.
  4. AssMan

Dec 2, 2000
    Minnesota, USA
    It in your pickups. The Eden was probably setup to amplify that frequency. Did you try adjusting the amps setting? My guitar player has the same problem if he turns the volume knob on his guitar all the way down when he's using his dirty channel. He'll do this in between songs so we can hear each other. Most of the time he just switches his amp to the clean channel instead. Except that he picks up some Spanish station. It's funny when stop for second to discuss something and you hear "Holla me amigos!". Well the solution to your problem is to install better shielding in your bass. It's an easy thing to do.
  5. do you live in an apartment. i do. i have a SWR and new cables, depending on were i touch the patch cable to the input jack i can get radio. once the cord is in all the way it stops. if i get to close to the TV when it is on i can get the TV thru the amp as well.
  6. michael

Mar 10, 2000
    I couldn't compete with the amount of radio coming out of my Warwick through SWR. My Precision with EMGs was dead quiet through the same amp in the same room. I taped over the open circuitry and wrapped foil around all the wires in the control cavity and it brought the radio right down. Then I took it all out and traded it in on another Fender.
  7. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I play Warwick,
    I play Ampeg, (cratepeg)
    No radio,
  8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I went to a practice studio a couple times and played a borrowed Strat (sorry guys) through a marshall halfstack and got some Spanish radio station. It was strange considering Iwas in Japan.
  9. michael

Mar 10, 2000
    Yeah, I didn't want my previous post to sound as pro-Fender and anti-Warwick as it did. I really loved the Warwick and it was a tough decision to switch, but the Fender ruled with the new amp I got. The same Warwick gave me no radio through my Mesa/Boogie, so it seems to be some sort of combination issue rather than just the brand. Some Fenders in certain situations will be noisy, too.
  10. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I really think it has more to do with the style of pick ups and the sheilding than anything else.