Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, Jun 5, 2003.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000

just scpred an Eden WT 300 Used but in great condition.

i would like to know something more and i just downloaded the PDF manual from the official site.

would like to add some user's comments. i actually have a 4x10 ampeg cab at 8 ohm ssso i'd like to know if the WT 300 at 8 ohm could be loud enough for a rock band.

2. zoran

May 10, 2002
    I don't know about this particular head, but I know that 300W head with 4x10" cab can easily cut through any mix. Problem is only when you play without PA support and need more bottom. Adding another 15" will solve the problem. Bands with mad guitarists over 200W amps with no mercy are not included.
  3. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I don't know much about the 300? I really dig my WT400 through 2 Eden 210T's and it's plenty loud enough for the rock band I play in.
    I think you should be fine with that rig.
    Congrats on the score.
  4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Congrats, Marco - I would think Eden isn't that common over there in Italy!
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    barroso, about the 8omh power: I was in a death metal band (oh boy, ain't that a hoot) with the WT-300 and an 8ohm 410XLT. It kept up with 4x12s pretty OK. I don't know about 4 ohm cabs, as I went directly from that to 2 410XLTs and 1 kilowatt shortly thereafter, but it held up ok.
  6. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    Probably not, it's only about 200 watts into an 8 ohm load. Nice sounding head, but you may need a 4 ohm cab, another 8 ohm cab, or PA support to keep up.
  7. Depends mostly on the efficiency of the cab, and like everyone says, if your going to the house mix or not. But then again, I'm not a metal player.

You could always get an 8x10 - that should help!
  8. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    I'd say its 175 watts at 8 ohms isn't enough to really push a 410 cab. I didn't think my wt-300 was all that loud through an 8 ohm Goliath II. A 4 ohm cab would be just about enough, though.