Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eden wt-400 as a preamp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pil101, Apr 16, 2005.

1. pil101

pil101

Jul 8, 2000
    does anyone use their wt-400 solely as a preamp. i am thinking of adding a seperate poweramp. thanks

2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I almost did, but at the last second, I bought a separate preamp. I posed this same question, and people here told me how and gave me a little background on their experience with the same setup. Search for a thread created by me with almost the same title you used, and you'll find some decent information. Good luck!

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    No, but I did use a WT-300 as a preamp for a few years. It's nice to have a high powered amp for gigs and band practice, and then a little 300 watt head for jamming in your bedroom. I tended to curse at it because it made my rack weigh much more than I would have liked, but it was nifty to have the bedroom and gig rack be the same thing.

I used the DI (XLR) out into a Carvin DCM1000, and was definitely satisfied with the sound. Just remember to turn the master volume to zero and use the gain as your volume.

Other than that, it's not always a lot of fun to have a 23 lb preamp.

Seen chilling here with two cabs I no longer own.

[​IMG]