Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WT 400 offer

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Norwegianwood, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Ok, I've gotten a decent deal on this head from basscentral.com:
    799,- dollars. That's allright, right?
    Have any of you got any experience with this shop?
    Also: Since I live in Norway I'm not able to test the stuff, but I've heard lots of good stuff about the Edens. But considered there is a tube preamp in this. Will I be able to have that clean, hifi-sound as well? I play lots of jazz/fusion/funk, and the clean sound is way more important to me than the grind....

Sorry to spam this forum with my stupidness. But you guys are usually so helpfull - I just can't help it..
    :)

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You have ZERO worries when dealing with Bass Central. As you may know, fellow TB'er Gard works there. I have never bought a thing from Gard, but he has always treated me like a life long customer. Very helpful, very knowledgable, and a fellow bass player. You can't ask for more.

I have played the WT-400 on multiple occasions. Part of your tone will depend on what cabs you decide to go with, but the Eden will put out a clean hi-fi sound with no problems. I am a huge fan of anything Eden, and it's because their products sound excellent. The WT-400 is a great choice. You will be really happy with it. I used my Eden gear in a jazzy/bluesy band for a while. It also did a good job in the hard rock band I played in.

As far as price. Don't underestimate the value of dealing with someone reliable, trustworthy, and knowledgable. That said, the price seems fair enough.

-Mike

3. Yeah, they seem like very decent guys....But you never know - always good to be at the safe side....
    Right now, my choices are Eden or Thunderfunk. (Unless another used EBS turns up and it's not bought by some swedish bastard because I'm to slow: )
    If I have the money I think I'll go for the Thunder. But I don't think I have.
    Thanks again for the help.

4. bass4820

bass4820

Jan 3, 2005
    texas
    i have the eden wt300 and the eden wt800 and both are very cool amps, very clean hi-fi sound with great bottom end. i have never played through the wt400, but i know that eden amps are built extremely solid.
    that seems like a little high for the wt400. i bought my wt800 used at guitar center for 699.
    if it's brand-spankin new it sounds ok but, i would still look for a wt400 that was a better price. thats my two cents.

5. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I have purchased a bass and a few other things from bass central. GREAT to work with! No worries at all. I have a WT300 great amp...

I just found out recently that an upgrade is available for the eden amps. Something related to the fans and the power amp. It supposedly is a free upgrade and helps solve some of the problems with the power amp section some have experienced. When I find out more, I'll start a thread

6. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    great amp. if you can swing it the 550 is a little more versitile as it will safely power a 2 ohm load so you have more cabinet options. either way edens are good. Very clean amps, not the most "hi-fi" but the eq is very powerful so you can adjust the tone to your taste quite easily. I'm not sure what else you have access to over there.

7. Great amps. You could get the WT 550 for 800. Make them a counter offer.

8. :) Grind from an Eden :eyebrow: you'd have to be deliberatley
    trying for it I think :bassist: - My SVT3 used to grind it abit,
    the Eden amps are like sippin' silk nectar by comparision :bag: :D

I've got the 550Traveller and can confirm what everyone so far has said Eden's are excellent - solid construction, light and
    efficient, a powerful EQ section that hits a low 10htz for 5'vers with an output counted in REAL watts not make believe ones :eyebrow: :scowl: Clean tone to burn and a massive bottom end, plus it's user friendly with even a line/in
    for cd(silent practice) or monitering(from desk) through the h/phone outlet.

:D geuss you can tell I like it huh :hyper:

9. The one time I placed an order at BC, I had to cancel, but the crew were totally cool about it. The amp you're looking at is used, but gently so, correct?
    That said, there may be a better deal available from a shop near me staffed by guys I've known and done business with for years and who have never let me down. Used WT-800 priced at $700 US and sitting idle for months sound interesting? If so, PM me and I'll give you contact info.

10. The amp I've been offered is brand new, with 2 year warranty! They have a used one as well, but this one is new. I think it's better to buy something new when I order from the states, because then I know it's in perfect condition! Agree?
    I thought 799 $ was a good offer, considered that it's $999 on most other shops, like music 123 and so on.....

Thanks again, seems like Eden is the way to go. And I don't think I need any more power than the wt 400, as long as the headroom is decent....? I always go through a large PA when I play live. That's the good thing here in Norway - all venues have good PAs....

11. Well, see if they will give you the travel case for it. The WT 400 is only 13 lbs and the 550 is 20lbs, I believe. PM me if you want some names of more aggressive stores that will ship to EU for Eden. Either way, you will love the Eden amps.

BTW, the Time traveler doesn't have a preamp tube but can be run dirty with the tweakable "warm" circuit (sweet, subtle overdrive) . Don't let the fact that just becasue it doesn't have the token 12AX7A tube, it doesn't sound warm. It also has features the others don't such as optical compressor pre/post DI.

12. Thanks for the help, angelopb, they gave me a killer deal!
    I have more options now, though. After all, I found a EBS fafner, that I have to pay 1000 dollars for. That is in this area, so I can actually drive an get it.

What do you think about the EBS compared to the Edens?
    I've heard lots of great stuff about both, but have the impression that EBS is even more "high end." Havent played any of them, though, so what do I know... :)
    Thanks.

13. E.B.S is very expensive and exotic to us. I hear that it is great stuff, from the small combos to the monster heads.

I have never played one yet. I did not see any when I was in Sweden either. I would like to play at this bar in Stockholm. . .

But the amp would raise the temperature and melt the ice.

14. oyvind2305

oyvind2305

Dec 3, 2004
    Norway
    Are you sure it will run in 220V power? Better make sure ow you will have to get a transformer that is capable of the load.
    Dont know how much that will cost though.

Øyvind. (Also in norway)

15. Yeah, it got a switch!
    Wow, a fellow Norwegian bassist.
    Not to many of us:D

16. Ted Lawrence

Ted Lawrence

Oct 3, 2004
    Norway
    I also live in Norway and have considered buying the WT550 from Bass Central. I emailed support at Eden, and asked about what to do with the voltage conversion, after all they say in their catalog that "All World Tour Series amplifier systems come standard with rack mount kits, easily selectable AC voltages for international use..." Eden answered the same day, and supplied a full set of instructions on how to do it. You have to get inside the amp and change some jumper settings in the power supply.

Ted

17. Aslan

Aslan

Sep 20, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hi!
    I live in Stockholm, Sweden and I bought a WT550 from Bass Central about a year ago. I'm totally satisfied!!! You only have to change the fuse and change some cables inside. There's even instructions inside... :D