Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WT-400 Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Acepiloto, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Acepiloto

Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    Just wondering if the effects send would act as a preamp out.

I'm thinking about buying one, but I figure that I might need more power down the line, so I might add a power amp later.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You can do it, but the effects send comes AFTER the compressor and Enhance circuit, but BEFORE your EQ circuit. This means that you will have no tone control (other than the Enhance knob) over the signal going to the power amp.

One way to do what you want would be to get a Countryman Type 85 DI box, which can take a speaker-level input. Then you could just send one of your "Amp Out" jacks to the DI, then go to the power amp. The bad news? A Countryman costs $140 - $160.

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I ran a WT400 as a pre for a while and had no problem just taking the DI output direct into the Mackie power amp (1400i) I was using via the XLR connection. And with the DI you have a level control that adds convenience and it's post EQ, as well. On the Mackie, the 1/4" and XLR inputs are identical levels. On some other power amps, you would be running into a mic level input, of course.