1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden WT-400: replacement tube and self-servicing

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JES, Jan 22, 2012.

1. JES

JES Supporting Member

Hi Everyone

What would you recommend for a replacement 12ax7 or 7025 for my Eden WT-400?

The original died, and I've only got another tube that's about 15 years old to replace it, so I should probably go get a new one. Since it's a hybrid design, I'm assuming there's no point in NOS or fancy options but I'd appreciate suggestions.

Also, while I have the top off, are there any parts I should be cleaning out, lubricating or spraying out? I'm not particularly handy but it wasn't a lot of trouble to remove the lid and switch out the tube. . . .

Thank you.

2. popgadget

popgadget Supporting Member Commercial User

Sep 4, 2005
    Eastern, PA USA
    Authorized Greenboy Designs Builder, Scabbey Road
    I put a 7025 in mine, it's sounds great to me, but I'm not too fussy, I find my fingers make much more difference in sound to me than my tubes.
    Unless you have a problem, I wouldn't do anything but vacuum the dust out of it while you have it open.

3. I did a bunch of tube rolling in my WT-400 and the differences were subtle but still there. I found the cheap Chinese tubes sounded best to me. I ran through 3 or 4 different designed Chinese ones. The only tube I didn't like was the Electro Harmonix. I also tried a JJ and a NOS Mullard. They all sounded pretty good but the Chinese ones were cheaper and had the most "accurate" sound to me.