Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WT-400 with one Aguilar GS112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by philthygeezer, Feb 16, 2005.

1. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Looking for a giggable replacement for a combo. I am wondering if the Eden WT400 would be loud enough for coffee shops and small bars with just one 8 ohm GS112. I have a stack of them running through a 1200 watt pre+power amp now, but wonder how loud just one would be with the Eden's smaller power rating.

Any thoughts?

2. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I have a WT300 I take out with for small gigs with a 112. Usually loud enough for coffee house type stuff. I'm not sure about a small bar/club? How small is small??

3. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Dunno. About average neighbourhood pub size?

Oh yeah, music would be average classic rock/folk-y kind of stuff. Open jam types of volumes I guess.

4. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    You should probably be OK... If I can do it with the 300 you should be able to do it with the 400... as long as your drummer's not too loud

5. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    been there, done that. the eden is one of those amps that's just so much better running at 4 ohms. i think you could probably get away with it up to a point.

6. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    I ran exactly that rig as a back-up for a while, 8-ohm version and all, and had no problems whatsoever. Never used it in a very loud band situation, or any dynamically-challenged drummers, but it always cut through just fine for me.

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    moi aussi,

and while at the time, the tone was too dark for my tastes. but with the knowledge i've gleaned from this board about EQ'ing, i think now i would be able to dial in a much more satisfying sound.

all in all, a great little rig. i wouldnt be surprised if a pair of GS112's wouldnt easily keep up on a rather loud gig.

8. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    maybe i came off as too negative on the rig. i think it's a great rig. as joker said, it's a tad dark without some upper mid boost. i was able to get pretty loud by keeping the enhance all the way off and by using either the parametric eq to cut around 40 hz, or by rolling off a little with the bass knob. of course, most of the time i was playing with a LOUD guitar player. a 400 with two gs112s would cover just about most gigs.