Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EDEN WT-400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by progplayer, Dec 10, 2001.

1. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    Well guys, can you give me your opinions on this head? I'm looking into getting a new head and getting rid of the sm-900. I've had it for so long and my musical styles have changed drastically (metal to almost fusion acoustic rock).

I found a used Eden WT-400 and was kind of amazed at this little thing. But didn't get a chance to test it for myself, just a quick play. Sounded really different from the SWR, a nicer tone almost maybe?

Give me opinions. I am wondering if it will be loud enough. I would rather buy a brand new one for $900 than a used one that looks like a truck ran it over. give me some comments! thanks.

ps- i would be running this in stereo hopfully. I have an SWR goliath III and a Son of bertha - 4x10 and 1x15

2. fachie3

fachie3

Nov 12, 2001
    Chicago IL.
    Proplayer,

I think you would be happy with the WT400.
    I own a WT800 and play that through a Mesa Boogie 2x10 and 1x15 cabs and it sounds great.
    I have never played the 400 but I know it is simular in tone to the WT800 - which is 400watts per side and 800 bridge mono.
    Check them both out and see if it is worth it to get the 800 verses the 400. Either way I am sure you will enjoy your new setup.

Good luck

3. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    the mesa boogie m-pulse heads? the guy wants to sell me this one instead of the eden. I think its a M-pulse 360 for a grand.... any opinions?

4. fachie3

fachie3

Nov 12, 2001
    Chicago IL.
    Proplayer,

I have not tried the boogie amp yet - maybe you could have them both hooked up and compare.
    I snagged my Eden for 1300.00 only 300 more then what they want to sell you the boogie for - ask them to hook them both up and see or I should say hear which one you like better. Take your time and get the best sound out of each amp and go with the one you like best.

Good luck

5. I picked up a used WT800 for $795, and there's nothing wrong with it (shipping is another story! :D )

They're such nice amps, and cost a good whack when new, that previous owners of used models have taken really good care of them...I mean really good care, very rare to see one not in a rack.

A much warmer sound than SWR, more balls than Ampeg (wattage-wise), and more defined than Ampeg as well.

6. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    SWR IOD and an Eden D-410XLT is the ultimate comprimise in the maximum quality tone. Thats what I'll be getting soon, if only shipping would go quicker.....:mad: :D

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    No, not enough power if you've been using the 900 and, no, you cannot run the WT400 in stereo. Get the WT800 or hang onto the SWR. If you want a somewhat fatter sound and dig the SWR tone, check out a Bass 750, a very good amp.

8. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    what about that new Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360 all tube amp? Can you give me any dirt on that???? I guess what I'm lookin' for is a head that first has power (at a decent cost $1,000max), that is warm, flexible, and easy to use. I am playin fretless and I need an amp that can compliment it. The SM-900 is a good head BUT its time for a change I think. It has served me well when I use to be a Warwick Thumb 5 player but now that I have a Pedulla Pentabuzz, I feel like I need an amp to bring out that fretless tone. Please suggest.

9. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    M-Pulse amps are not all-tube. The M-Pulse series is hybrid, with tube pre's and mosfet power amps. The only all-tube amp Mesa makes is the 400+. Yes, that would be a great amp--warm, fat and powerful. Perfect for fretless warmth. I own one and it's my favorite. But it's also quite heavy. You might find one used for less than a grand. Expect to pay $1299.99 (list) if you buy new.

10. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    I thought the IOD was only a preamp ... what are you using for a power amp?