Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eden WT-400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    I have read about people saying that this head is actually louder than the 800 model. How is that possible. I do not know why they make all there other models above the 400 not able to take a 4ohm load at bridged mono. This makes for very limited cab useage. I love there sound but that is the only reason I stoped using there heads because I could only use one 8 ohm cab.

2. lowfreqman

lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
    The WT400 cannot be bridged. Bridged normally refers to the ability to bring together two sides of a stereo amp into one cab or a set of cabs, in essense acting like a mono amp. The WT400 does not have a stereo power amp section.

Think of the WT800 as two WT400 power sections in one box. You can hook-up 4 8ohm cabs (2 on each side) making much more powerful than the WT400. However, I agree that it's usefulness is limited if you are a person wishing to use two 8ohm cabs. Except for the ability to biamp, the WT800 may as well be a WT400 in this situation.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You can always wait for the WT-550, which is a mono head, 400W @ 8 ohms, 500W @ 4 ohms, 600W @ 2 ohms. I asked David Eden at NAMM when we could expect to see it, and he said it should be out by this summer. (He was at the Washburn booth.)

4. eshears

eshears Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    I've been waiting to hear more about the WT-550 for a long time (I e-mailed Eden before all of the Washburn hoopla came out...and never got a response).

What are the chances, do you think, that Eden will offer a service to upgrade WT-400s with the WT-550 power supply? This is a service they offer on many of their other amps...

5. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    That statement sends shivers down my spine:D

6. Munji I heard a rummour that Eden was going to sell out and get out of the biz, any truth to that?

7. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    I got a sick feeling in my stomach. :(

8. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    according to dave, its not possible. its new technology that wont fit in the old shells.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The WT-550 is the same size as the WT-400, but 5 pounds heavier. I think it has new guts though, and I think I've heard that upgrades are not possible.

PS ~ Why am I not taking any flack over my comment that I talked to David Eden? Has everyone finally wised up? Anyway, I did talk to David Nordschow, and he will stay on board as a technical guru at Eden, even though Washburn will own it. I'm not too worried. Even Washburn can't be stupid enough to compromise the equipment most preferred by professional bass players. Or can they ... ???

10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Ignore munji, i doubt he really knows anything about eden stuff.