eden WT-400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    I just got a WT-400. Can anyone tell me a really good way to set it? I noticed that the output limit lights would flash frequently. Is that OK? I had the left volume knob at 12:00 and the master at 9:00. I just do not want my head to fry. Maybe I should have gotten the GK 800RB. Running it with two Bag End S-15D cabs.
  2. lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Start with all the EQ knobs at 12 o'clock and the enhance knob all the way off (counterclockwise). Check for tone. If you need more, slowly turn up the enhance. When it gets as good as it can, then adjust the bass and/or treble shelves until it sounds bitchen. If the tone still needs adjustment, Turn the gain on the bass, mid, and/or treble (one at a time) up to 1 o'clock, then run each band through its frequency range until total bitchenness is achieved. I run my amps (both the WT-300 and WT-800) with all the EQ knobs at 12 o'clock, with the enhance knob at 9 o'clock. Then I adjust my final tone at the bass. That's the beauty of Eden heads ... a little dab'll do ya'.

I'd suggest you turn your volume up to max or thereabouts, and adjust volume with the gain knob. This affords mucho headroom.
  4. I've got a WT400, and I set it EXACTLY as per Munji's method. I use it for BG and DB, and have the same settings for both. I have a J-retro preamp on my BG, but seldom need to use any of it, the Eden just sounds SO good!
  5. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    It's all a matter of taste, of course, but I think the WT400 is one of the best in its class and will give you tonal options you'll never get with an 800RB. But the GK is reliable and sounds good, for the most part.
  6. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    If you're running a passive bass, turn the volume or volume knobs on the bass all the way up. Set the gain on the amp at the point where the clip light flashes briefly if you pluck or slap hard. (It shouldn't light up when you play using your normal dynamics.) Keep the gain there, unless you're switching to another bass.

If you still want louder or softer, use the master volume for that.