Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WT-550 lobbying starts now.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I've already mentioned to my wife, what, with Christmas coming up, it'd be a perfect time to think about a new amp. No, not one of those $2k WT-800's I've been craving for the last five years.

WHOA! Eden's just announced the WT-550 ... 600 watts mono into four ohms. Probably close to $1000 street (Gard, you got any scoop? You da man, here). I don't NEED an 800-watt stereo amp. I can scrape by with a paltry 600 watts mono. Whaddya think? Huh?

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I think both the WT 550 and the Metro Head are going to be killer. If I didn't already own the Navigator and the WT1000 I would buy one of them. I'm glad to see they finally got a more powerful mono head capable of going to 2 ohms.

3. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Yes indeedy-doodoo.

4. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i thought it was 600 watts at 2 ohms. anyway, now with the traveler stable at 2 ohms, im hoping theyll offer a power upgrade to the wt800 to make it stable at 4 ohms bridged.

5. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    I stand corrected. It is indeed 600 watts at 2 ohms. It's 500 watts at four ohms. Hmmm ... wonder what it is at 2.67 ohms?

Eden WT-550 scoop.

6. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I'm still trying to figure out what the difference is between the WT-550 and the WT-600. I guess the only thing that I can see is that the WT-550 will drive a 4 ohm load where as the WT-600 can only drive an 8 ohm load when bridged.

The WT-800's are awesome. Plug one side into the Bag End S15 and the other into the Bag D10 and it is THUNDEROUS! Munji, the reason that I ring this up is that the WT-800 used is usually around the new price of the WT-550.;)

7. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Sounds like the WT-550 would be a good matchup for my Henry 8x8.Ialways wondered what my rig would sound like with an Eden head but was skeptical if the 400 watts @ 4 ohms of the WT-400 would be enough.WT-550 with a Henry and a Stingray Five.What do guys think?

8. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    the 550 is a traveler head and sized like the 400. therefore its mono and stable down to two ohms

9. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    What narud said. I like the small size (although the 550 is five pounds heavier).

10. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Me thinks I'll e-mail Eden to see if WT400 to WT550 upgrades are doable??? Yes or No I still want a WT800 Damnit! The WT1000 are going for $800-$850 which would be a whole lotta lowend whoop ass plus you'd still have your current WT head as a backup. Lots O' options for us Eden fans!

11. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    I need some big watts to drive that new 410XST that's due here tomorrow! I wonder if Eden sponsers unknown peckerheads like me? Could be a first!

12. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    ive already emailed them to see if they can upgrade the wt800 so it can bridge at 4ohms. ive never had them respond to my emails though so ill probably bite the bullet and call em'

13. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Please post your reply when you talk with them.

14. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    will do. if they dont email me back ill wait to call until after namm

15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Both the WT-550 and the 210XST are just what Ive been looking for!

How long till they have a 212XST?

Its a glorious time to be upgrading to Eden gear!

Peace
    Nick

16. tonru

tonru

Mar 15, 2002
    a late bump.found this doing a search when i stumbled on the add at HC.wow,it looks like everything i could ask for in a first amp.it's in my price range too.
    i was a little torn between the wt-400 and the mesa walkabout.btw-i have a mesa blue angel guitar amp and love it.
    as i learn more bass fundamentals,i have also been searching venues for getting my stage chops.anyway,one of my friends who plays guitar through a marshall plexi is constantly going through bass players.he's something of a perfectionist,a good motivator and showman.i can handle him,but i wanted an amp that could keep up with the plexi. and what do you know? now they make one the size of a book!
    saw an eden at our local club last week.the gentleman playing through the eden had a bass that was all natural,with laminates exposed through the contours of the body.it was a 5 string,and quite stunning.i was impressed with his willingness to play with a pick,and to solo where you could really hear this package rumble.nice to see it in action with his style.