Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WT-550 Opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NeedMoreBass, Sep 20, 2003.

1. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    I'm interested in buying the Eden WT-550 head and wanted any opinions on this product. I would especially like to hear from those who have or have had the WT-400 and how the two compare.

Also, what are the preamp upgrades they made to the WT-550?

I'm going to be using it with 2 Berg HT112's. Has anyone tried this combination?

Thanks

2. I tried out my WT550 with a Bergie 2x12, and it made even me sound pretty good. I gig with mine through a 2x10 and 1x15, and it sounds great. Plenty of volume, and it has the least noise of any amp I have played. An added plus is that it weighs only 18lbs. Tastes vary, so I would suggest that you play one to see if it has the sound you want. Quality sound and reliability are most important to me, and so far mine has fit the bill nicely.

John

3. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I used my WT500 with a Bergantino HT112 for a while and it sounded great! Clear and warm. I am kicking myself for selling the Berg. You will like that combo. The WT-550 is a sweet amp.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    just to be the dissonant voice,

i didnt really dig the sounds i was getting from my Eden WT400 and HT112. the mids were kinda too congested sounding. IMHO, a clearer EA iAMP head would be much better.

5. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    I had the iAmp800 and didn't care for it, that's why I'm searching for something else.

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    oh i forgot that this is NMB who owns two WW's! which sound great with Bergies!

7. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    I have dat setup! WT-550 with Berg HT-112-EX-112.
    I have played it sparingly and not gigged with it yet due to serious family illness- but I am totally happy with the combination. "Congested" is not a word I would use to describe the pairing. Warm, accurate midrange, sweet, smooth. Agressive when needed! I have no experience with the WT-400. Good luck with your search...

8. Mikefish07

Mikefish07

Apr 6, 2003
    I've had my WT550 for about 3 months and I'm very happy with it. I had sold my SWR350 to finance the WT550 and it definitely has a different sound (alot warmer). I'm running the eq almost flat and it sounds good. Lot more power and punch than the WT400.

9. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i've had a wt-400 for about 5 or 6 years
    definitely a great lil head
    i can see how some might call it a lil congested sounding, it is "warm" and a lil "thick" sounding, but a little boost in the right spot of the mids and treble works wonders
    honestly, i wish i had a 550 - the added power and the ability to drive 2 ohms is quite an upgrade