Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden - Wt-550

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tcoile, Sep 8, 2004.

1. tcoile

tcoile

Sep 7, 2004
    Anyone know why the sound would be distorted, have checked out the cab and its fine, replaced the pre-amp tube with a Electro-Harmonix 12AX7 and it is still distorted. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Dude. Didn't you already post this thread?

3. I always found the Eden stuff shouldn't be turned past 1 o'clock (even with lower output pickups)...unless distortion is what you're looking for. (I wasn't real impressed with to tone of the distortion, vs. a dedicated tube preamp.)

4. Just a shot: Make sure your input compression is "on," and look for any blinking front panel leds at the various gain stages that are there to warn of too much gain, thus overloading a succeeding stage.

5. LeeNunn

LeeNunn Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    My Eden WT550 was distorting, so I took it in to a reputable amp repair guy here in Atlanta. He told me that amp was clean, almost no distortion even when he tried to stress it. For some reason, I tried replacing the power cord (I didn't bring the power cord to the shop), and that seems to have fixed the problem. The amp repair guy said that was a possibility.

Has anyone else experienced distortion as a result of a bad power cord?