Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WT-550?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basss, Apr 5, 2003.

1. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Do these exist? I saw a press release at harmony central that had a picture of one that is the same size as the WT400. The eden website has a picture of the WT500 on the WT550 page. Whats the scoop?

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Yeah they exist. I have one at my store. The WT 400 used to be my favorite Eden head until this one. It has the same great sound but with more watts and more versatility with the 2ohms acceptance. Great head.

3. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Cool. Is it the same size as the WT400 or is it the bigger chassis like the wt600 & 800?

4. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Oh and whats the street price? Thanks!

5. Mikefish07

Mikefish07

Apr 6, 2003
    I've had the WT550 and a EA CXL112 on order since February. My rep. says it is the same size as a traveler even though the website has the Roadrunner picture and specs and has a retail price of $1400. I hope this combination will sound good since I've ordered them without hearing them together. They tell me that it's been shipped but has anybody got one or heard one? Any comments? Thanks.

6. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    As I said in my first post, my store received one about two weeks ago. If you like the WT400 you will also like the 550. They sound exactly the same but obviously the 550 is louder. And yes it the same size as the 400. I may pick up a 550 for myself in the future just so I don't have to lug around my Navigator/WT1000 rack to practice.

7. Mikefish07

Mikefish07

Apr 6, 2003
    Thanks Peter! Since I had ordered the WT550 without seeing or hearing it, I was very worried when the Eden Web site put the wrong picture and specs on. Also, which store are you with? Does anyone have the bags for the WT550?

8. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Mike, I am the assistant manager of Don's Music City in Greensboro, NC. Currently I don't have any bags for these amps. I think you will love this amp. You should definitely notice a rather large power increase from the SWR you've been using.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Glad to hear these things have hit the street. I ordered one last summer before the rumors, then bailed out and bought a WT-800 from Gard. I didn't really want a stereo rig, but I've come to like it, especially bi-amped. Can't wait to hear some detailed reviews from you new proud owners.

10. Mikefish07

Mikefish07

Apr 6, 2003
    Peter:
    Thanks again. I ordered it locally and they said it was shipped out 2 weeks ago so hopefully I should be getting it anytime now. I'm also hoping that the combination of WT550 and EA CXL112L will be close to the ultimate small rig.

P.S. Munjibunga, I've read all your threads on the WT400 and WT550 which convinced me to get it. Thanks.

11. john b carvalho

john b carvalho Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2001
    Kaneohe,Hawaii
    Mikefish are you dealing with Easy Music and Jay.....if so let me warn you that there word should not to taken seriously.I work for a local pro audio and ordered 2 keyboard stands from them in Nov. and was told that I should have them by the end of Dec,I am still waitng.

John

12. Mikefish07

Mikefish07

Apr 6, 2003
    John,
    Thanks for the concern, I've been waiting for over a month now. I'll have to wait and see whether they show up or not.

13. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Mike - did it show up yet?

14. Mikefish07

Mikefish07

Apr 6, 2003
    Basss:

I got it a couple days ago and it's a Eden WT400 on steroids (lot more power). I did have some rattling problems from the cover hitting the transformer but more store's tech put in some rubber padding and pretty much fixed it (Only happen when I had the head on the speaker and played loud). Eden said the first batch were sent out without some internal rubber padding. I've always used SWR stuff so I'm still trying to get use to it and I'll give a review later. I paired it with a new EA CXL112II speaker and it's loud and a very portable setup. Last night we were playing very loud and the output limiter led kept coming on with the master only at half, I'll give Eden a call on Monday.

15. Mikefish07

Mikefish07

Apr 6, 2003
    Sorry I meant to reply to HeavyDuty. Let me know if you have any specific questions on the WT550 since I know I had a hard time getting any information on it.

16. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Thanks for the update. I'm interested in hearing how this head works out for you. Please keep us posted.