1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EDEN WT 700 cutting out

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WolfmansBrother, Mar 25, 2013.

1. WolfmansBrother

WolfmansBrother

Mar 25, 2013
    I am currently running a Eden WT700 amp. When I first turn on the amp it will randomly cut out. I will have to unplug my bass and then plug it back in to get it to "snap" back on. After the first 15 minutes of the amp being on it works fine. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows what it means?

I am running a Modulus Q5 into the amp it is powering a Eden 4x10 cab.

2. WolfmansBrother

WolfmansBrother

Mar 25, 2013
    Giving this a bump. It still continues to happen. One of the techs at a LMS told me to spray contact cleaner in all the knobs. Does that make sense?

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Hmm, I woulnd't think so. My old WT-800 did some strange stuff when the preamp tube was a little loose. Try re-seating yours. That cleared up some 'mysteries' for me ...

4. Abrahampost

Abrahampost

Feb 22, 2013
    Vermont
    Hmm that is an odd one. When I first got my 800 it would cut out/loose volume after running for a bit. My tech couldn't get it to do so on a bench test(of course!) so he simple took the back end of the amp apart and re soldered it along with the input jack. That was a couple of months ago and it hasn't had an issue since. Good luck!

5. sounds like a poor soldier joint. If your handy with a soldier iron you could re-flow the joints on the input jack and anything else that looks suspicious.