Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WT-800 Cab Configuration Roll Call

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sanctum, Dec 9, 2003.

1. While searching lately for what people use, I thought it would be cool to make an uber-thread for future use.

As we're all aware, the WT-800 only bridges into an 8Ohm load. Use in stereo mode (or call it dual mono) with 2 4-Ohm cabs can be limited if brand X doesn't make a 4 Ohm model. I haven't heard of too many people using 2 8-Ohm cabs. So anyhow, here we are.

Me -> WT-800 bridged into an Eden 410XLT, 8 Ohm cab.

Cheers

2. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    WT 800 bridged into an 8ohm EA VL210B. (My rehearsal rig)

3. I use a WT-800 bridged into an 8 ohm 410 XLT for the majority of what I do. When the stage is bigger or I feel the need, I have a Peavey 115 BXBW and 210 TX that run 4 ohms on either side, so I'm getting the most out of the head either way.

4. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    A 4X10 XLT with a 212XLT on top of it in bi-amp
    mode.

Slug

5. You forgot to mention your Ohmage:)

6. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I run 2 4ohm 410xlt's under my WT800. It'll rip your head off man.

7. AndroWal

AndroWal

Sep 28, 2003
    Ojai, CA
    Currently using my WT800 with one or two SWR Goliaths (8 ohms)...both purchased within 6 mos of their introduction...actually made by Eden and loaded with Eden speakers!

My new cab...an Epifani 410UL is on its way to me. Should be a great cab in bridged mode along with my Wal fretless and fretted 5s.

8. Since I just got my Mesa 1516, I'm running it off one side of my 800. Its a 4 Ohm Cab.

9. I went to the WT500 because of this nonsence. I run a D4-10XLT 4ohm and a D2-10XLT 4ohms but didn't want to be messing with a crossover with the two boxes. So, I choose the WT500 for the stereo right and left (or L for lower and R for "Right on top" in my tormented mind) I'm getting the feeling I could have done this with a WT800. I essentially wanted each box on it's own amp, without buying a two channel amp and a preamp. The WT500 seem to fit the bill.

Now what.....:confused:

10. The WT-800 would have done this perfectly, especially with two 4 Ohms cabs. You would have gotten 400 watts to each cab, with a balance control to suit your needs, and the option to bi-amp if you chose. The WT-800 has two amps in it. But I think the 500 is the same setup, just with 100 watts less power per side. I've never used one though.

11. It is really hard to keep the GAS under control. What was the line? "Just think honey, if I buy two more, I'll have the whole production run!":D

From what I see, the WT500 is in the same box as the WT800 and the WT600. The WT500 is plenty loud, just kind of the old model.

12. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    This confuses me. I have a WT-800 run it with an AmpegHVT 4x10 just runnung it off one side or one output. I have heard about this bridge mode. What would I need to do to bridge it? Why would I want to bridge it?

13. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    WT800 with a 4x10 xlt on each side 4ohms apice... Till I upgrade.

14. Is it an 8Ohm cab? If so, just get a banana to banana cable, run it from the bridged output on the back to the cab and engage the bridge mode switch on the front.

If its a 4Ohm cab you can't bridge the 800 into it.

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Either bridged into one 8-ohm D-410XLT, or bi-amped into an 8-ohm D-115XL and an 8-ohm D-210XLT, or stereo into a D-410XLT and D-210XLT, both 8-ohm.

16. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Thanks Sanctum!