EDEN WT-800 EQ Settings

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hoel, Oct 21, 2003.

1. hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway

I have a Eden WT-800 amp with two Eden 210T cabs and a Fender Jazz Bass.

Does anyone have a setup something like mine, and if so, could anyone tell/post a pic of the EQ settings? :)

I saw Munjibunga's pic, which was nice, except the EQ was rather flat... I like the sound with a flat EQ too, but I know I can get a better sound out of it with it's very advanced EQ.

2. hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    Maybe I should add some more info...

Wanted bass sound:

Defined, punchy, bottomed, maybe a little gained..

I don't think I can have all of those at the same time, heh
  3. G'day Hoel
    I'm no eq genius but I do have a fender jazz, and an eden 800wt which I connect to a 410xlt.
    I also have a 1973 fender bassman 100 ( which I prefer because its a lot simpler..only three knobs as opposed to lots on the eden ) thats chucking a hissy fit and not behaving properly at the moment.

I've been noodling around with the jazz plugged into the eden head and the 410 over the last couple of days.Its a recent purchase and i havent played a jazz before so ive been experimenting a bit but I have to say that - like everything else I ever plugged into the eden - I've ended up setting the Eq relativly flat with a bit of bass boost cos dead flat sounds kinda thin to my ears.

So the bass boost knob, the one just under the 12 db pad is on about 1 o'clock.

On the bass I'm using full bridge pickup and the front pickup backed off a tad.
    I put new strings on - daddario's 105's to 50's -and it sounds great - in the lounge room at least.

Things may change tonight cos I have a gig at a club with an in house PA so if I notice anything different I'll let you know

My apologies though for writing so much and not answering your question. My only defence is I have a chest infection and havent slept much for the last few days.

4. hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    Hey thank you very much for answering Steve! I'll try to set it flat and boost a little bass.. I'm not sure if I understand what you meant with bass boost but I guess you just mean the bass or low knob.

My dream is to have a bassman or something too, for easy eq'ing, but I believe the WT-800 is a very good bassamp not worth selling.

cheers, Hoel

p.s: Got msn or ICQ Steve?
  5. Larzito

Aug 1, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    I had a WT800 for years. As mentioned in the previous post, I too kept mine eq'd fairly flat with bass boost at about 1 o'clock. The Enhance knob may give you some of that defined low end, but be careful, it scoups the sound (boosts lows and highs, cuts mids). I generally had Enhance turned to about 9-10 o'clock...maybe a little more for a tight slap sound.

To my ears, Eden is all about cutting through the band without extreme EQ settings. I never had much luck getting the amp to sound "different" by playing with the EQ. On the other hand, the sound it inherintly has is very musical. And remember, what sounds good by yourself in your living room may sound like crap in a band setting.
  6. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I run mine fairly flat too, that seems to be the consensus. I have my Low set to 10 o clock, bass at 12, mid at 12, and treble at about 2 oclock. The enhance set at about 12 oclock. The three fine tuning knobs above the regular eq knobs are around 12 too. But I also have and 15 band eq between the bass and the head, so I have the lows and highs jacked on that and the mids about 0. Kind of like a smile. Sounds very nice through my Ampeg 4x10 and my Spector. Is your bass active or passive? That could have a lot to do with it too, you may need a little less eq with an active. But I think most guys run it flat and adjust highs and lows on the bass mostly.
  7. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    Enhance at 8 or 9 o'clock

Bass at 1 o'clock

approx. 200Hz boosted to 2 o'clock

approx. 800Hz boosted to 3 o'clock

approx. 3K cut to 9 0'clock (to eliminate some string squeak)

Treble cut to 9 o'clock
  8. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I don't own a wt-800, but I did a corporate gig a couple of weeks ago and the back line was a wt-800 and a 4-10XLT. The gig was your typical baby boomer 70s-80s dance set, with some current top 40. The bass was a Lakland Joe Osborn Skyline Jazz bass with a J-Retro onboard preamp.

After trying a number of settings during sound check, I kept coming back to a very simplified setting of enhance at 9 o'clock, bass at 1 o'clock, treble at 1 o'clock, and all the parametric EQs at 12 o'clock (I think that's flat). If you take a look at my profile you'll see the gear that I usually use. That said, I have to say the I was very impressed with the wt-800! great tone, lots of head room, and excellent punch! Granted my bass is a Jazz, but different from yours, and you have the 2-10Ts, I'd say you might have to run a little more bass on the amp than I did (the XLTs inherently put out a little more lows that the T cab model). Have fun with it! you have a great rig!
  9. hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    Thank you very much for answering!

I have done a couple of gigs after I posted this, and if found out the same as most of you guys; Enhance 9 o' clock, flat eq with a little bass-boost (1 o' clock). Passive Jazzbass ('62 reissue). Sounds cool. Eden sounds VERY tight and defined.. anyone agree?

BTW, I am lookin' for an original 60's jazzbass - but they cost ALOT :-/ Especially in Norway.

Does anyone of you have an old jazz?
  10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    That's not necessarily a valid assumption. While the EQ is very advanced, you'll find that most of the folks who play Eden leave it flat. If you do wander off into EQ tweak-land, remember these words: "A little dab'll do ya." If you venture outside of the 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. range on the shelves and semi-parametric, I believe it's safe to say you might as well just turn up the "suck" knob (it's on the back).
    SilGarzaJr likes this.