Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WT-800 help please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StarchMan, Aug 4, 2004.

1. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    When bridging mono with this head into 8 ohms, a speakon cable is all you need right? Mine is a 2003 model. I'm wondering because I read a thread where they said you have to use a banana plug?

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    problems already starchy?? ;)

but seriously, i assume that your model has a speakon out jack - if it says that that is the bridged mono out than i guess thats all you need (Be sure to put the bridged mono switch on wherever it is on that model, that's very important to do)
    on models without a speakon jack, after putting the unit in bridged mono mode you needed to use a bannana jack on the red (positive) terminals of both channels (usually in stereo you would use a seperate bannana plug on each side, each bannana plug would be plugged into the red and black terminal of the side it was on) - incidentally, that's generally what you would do with any amp that was able to be run in bridge mono mode

3. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    OKay, I guess that thread was about older models. I've been using the speakon whre it says Bridged Mono and I had the button on as well.
    What's the diff between NL2 and NL4 cables? ( i think that's what htey're called)

4. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    haha no real problems. I'm just not used to solid state technology and all these knobs yet!

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    One other thing about bridged mono. You have to have the Balance knob turned all the way to the left to get full power. Don't ask me why, you just do.

6. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    what? that doesn't even make sense? Is this personal experience or did you read it somewhere?

7. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    Listen to Mungi - he's the Eden dude........... :p

8. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    Hey, you're right. Wow, now the amp gives me more of a headache than before haha.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I read it somewhere, tried it, and my volume before clipping went up 141 percent. It's very true, but don't take my word for it. Hook up your bass, hold a note, and turn the balance knob to the left.

10. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    hmmmmmmmmmm
    i'm guessing that with the balance control the left channel is what's really driving the poweramps when they're in bridge mode