Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EDEN WT-800 question. Please help.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StarchMan, Aug 17, 2004.

1. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    The store I bought my Eden Wt-800 at replaced it for me because it was damaged. Anyway, now on the back it says Wattage: 1200 watts, whereas on the other it said 800. What the?

2. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    As well, when it is bridged mono at 8ohms, what do you do with the bi-amp switch? in or out? it has to be doing something because the tone changes.

3. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    1200 watts is the power consumption not the output. also if you are bridging you need the biamp switch off. id also suggest reading the manual. you'll find most of your answers there as any misuse of the amp can cause some serious problems.

4. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    exactly.

5. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    Sometimes that manual is not clear. It just says like "bi-amp mode when out, stereo when in". I always played with it in, so I got that right then. It even says there's an Enhance Knob that can be pushed in or out to affect the compression. The only thing there that says Enhance is to be turned left or right.

6. tiefling

tiefling

Aug 19, 2003
    Washington DC
    The WT800 manual is actually for the WT 800, 600 and 500 so not everything in the manual applies to the 800 (like the enhance knob thingy) so read it carefully.....

7. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    thats for the wt400. the 800 has a button to turn compression on or off. if i remember correctly(i havent looked at the manual in years) it says what models certain instructions are for.

8. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    The enhance knob thingie was under Setting Your Level, so no real indication if it was for the WT-800. So I ignored it after I couldn't find one on my amp.

9. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    Anyway, thanks for all the help guys.

10. So....you CAN run the Eden WT-800 in mono bridged? Why does the website not say that? Nor do you see that on dealer websites. :mad:

Can someone verify this?

Thanks for the input (and the output!)

11. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    yes you can bridge it. but, you can only bridge it into an 8 ohm load.

12. Thanks Narud, but what's up with that? When you have so many amps coming out these days with so much flexibility, it might be worth Eden's while to bring it down to 4 ohms. THAT would be cool!

13. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    they're working on it.

14. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    its never been an issue for me in 7 years. i use it with a single 8 ohm 410. being that i dont play loud rock its more than enough rig for any gig i would do. in fact i havent gigged it in years because lately ive been using a wt400 and a 210. but with all the other heads out there, most put out their 8 or 900 watts at 4 ohms. with most 410 cabs floating out there being 8 ohms, it just made sense to go with the wt over something else where id be getting 500 or so watts into the same cab.

now if an swr/iamp/whatever were doing 800 watts at 8ohms/1000 at 4/ and 1200 at 2 ohms id look into it :)