Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WT-800 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StarchMan, Jan 31, 2005.

1. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    I have an Eden WT-800 head and I use it exclusively bridged mono. Now, as instructed, I use only the Bridged Mono Out and I plug that into my D410XLT cab. However, it has come to my attention that there is a difference between a Neutrik NL2 and NL4 cable. Which is needed in a bridged mono situation or does it make a difference? The store I bought it from gave me an NL2..

2. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    I contacted Eden and a representative explained to me that in order to get the full signal from the bridged mono output only, an NL4 (4 poles) is required. Therefore, using my NL2 that the store gave me was inneficient to the max, however, the good news is that it will not cause damage. Off to the store I go to get a new cable!

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    another thing to remember that when using the 800 in bridge mono mode, you want to have the balance control all the way to the left for maximum signal/volume

4. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    Eden told me to have the balance knob right in the middle. weird.