Eden WT-800. What 410 8ohm? Bag End?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by popawheelie, May 3, 2004.

1. popawheelie

Apr 14, 2004
    Hey, I just picked up a brand new wt800. I know the best combo for the head is two 4ohm 410xlt's ran in stereo. But do you think just one 8ohm 410xlt will be enough to play at high volumes. How loud can just one 4ohm 410xlt ran on just one side of the amp get in comparison to an 8ohm bridged? Just in case I decide to get another one in the future.

Someone is selling a Bag End Q10BX-D 8ohm for $700. Does anyone know if this is a good price and how does it compare to Eden 410xlt.

Thanks any advise would be appreciated.
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yes. I do it all the time.
  3. AndroWal

Sep 28, 2003
    Ojai, CA
    I use a WT800 and have so for about 8 years. For most of that time I played through two SWR Goliaths...one bridged for smaller halls and for the bigger stages, stereo with both cabs. Now the Goliaths are in the equipment closet and I use one Epifani 4x10UL bridged. I need nothing more for any playing situation. The Epifani sounds fantastic...and it weighs only 59 lbs.!!! Definitely the best cabinet I have ever had. I recommend it highly. Also, at this point I barely use any eqing .... just a nudge on the enhancer for almost all playing situations....
  4. maxbass

May 22, 2002
    Milano Italy

With a WT550 and a single 4 ohm D410XLT (this means up to 500 watts RMS out of the head into a 700 watts cabinet) I'm loud as hell. If that cabinet is efficient you'll be louder
  5. widjajar

Apr 21, 2003
    Yes!!!! Ditto on the Epifani UL series! Highly recommended!!! Sounds fantastic!! :hyper:
    I'm using WT 550 to run with the Epi 310 UL with MTD 535. It sounds very punchy, warm, full bottom and very sweet on the high note. Everything I need is in this combination. You gotta try it to understand what I mean. It's a little more expensive than a regular series but worth every penny! and your back will thank you, My EPI 310 only weighs 47 lbs and I no longer need that cart to drag around the cab.
    I used to have an Epi 210 NYC (not the UL) and it weighs 54 lbs (still probably the lightest 210 cabinet out there). If Epi 410 UL weighs only 59 lbs you need to get that seriously! I can already imagine pumping out that 800 watts of yours into 410 UL Epifani........... :bassist:
    Sorry if I'm a little too excited because I just got the Epi last week and really really love the way it sounds I just don't feel like turning it off even after the gig was done... :p
  6. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    The 8 ohm 410xlt will handle just about anything you'll throw at it. I have the 2 4ohmers and I usually only take one to shows with a good PA system. Stick with a matched rig it helps in the long run.

The Bag End is a nice cabinet don't get me wrong.
  7. popawheelie

Apr 14, 2004
    How much do the epifani t-410ul cabs cost? The list price is very expensive but what do they sell for?