1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden WT 800...what cab setup?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by iceberg, Dec 12, 2006.

1. iceberg

iceberg

Oct 30, 2006
    Silver Lake, CA
    I know the best answer to this is "What sound do you want?" but I'm just looking for ideas. I'm just getting into refining my tone which is what prompted the purchase of the head. Originally I wanted to get two Eden 210 XSTs but I'm rethinking that because I really enjoy a good low end. I drive a Mazda though, so I would like to keep it as light and compact as possible. Any insight appreciated.

2. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    imo, the perfect mate for that head is a single epifani 410.

3. mobax

mobax

Dec 31, 2002
    New Baltimore, MI
    I think a pair of Berg 212 cabinets may work.

4. First, it's very important to determine what version you have. If you have the older 'a' version, it can only be bridged into 8 ohms. This is a big deal, since if you get two small 8ohm cabs, you would only get half the power of the amp in 'stereo' mode, but would not be able to bridge it into the combined 4ohm impedance of both cabs.... that's a lose lose scenario.

+1 on the Epi410UL for a single large cab solution. I have a couple of buddies that use this combination (one with an 800b and a 4ohm 410UL and one with an 800a and an 8ohm 410UL)... punchy, articulate, loud, warm all at the same time... nice!!!!

The Eden410XLT sounds great also (or two 4 ohm 210XLTs or XSTs run in 'stereo), but those are heavy cabs!

5. Acme! Especially on the light weight thing. Grab the Low B2, either 4 or 8 ohms depending.

6. Slight hijack but has anyone tried an NV425 with this head? How does it sound? Is it a good match? Do I need to start my own thread?

Thanks guys!!

7. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings; Bergantino Amps & Cabs
    I use 2 - HT112's, sometimes in stereo, in a bridged mono pair, or singley just in bridged mono. Fabulous cabs.

C.

8. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I have the wt800B, bridgeable into 4 ohms.
    I use it with a Schroeder 410, or Henry 8x8. I like both of those real well. The Henry is "small for a big cab," the Schroeder soun ds huge for a small cab.
    For the last few days I've had it plugged into an LDS 2x8+5, nice little cab, but never gonna be a "large gig cab."
    I have run it with one side powering the Schroeder 410, and the other side powering a Schroeder 1210: devastating.
    Couple other cabs I've tried:
    Dr Bass 1260, 12+6+horn, this works pretty well, but it's the same size as the Schroeder 1210...
    A Schroeder neo 21012 is another great "mid size, sounds huge" cab.