Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WT1000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Robot-trashcan, May 22, 2001.

1. Does anybody have any experience or opinions on the Eden WT1000 poweramp? I'm possibly looking to upgrade my poweramp to this one or possibly a Stewart amp. How about a place that has a good price on the WT1000?

2. Craig H

Craig H

Mar 23, 2000
    Kansas City
    I just bought one today! I've been toying with it and I'm liking it a lot so far. I'd also be interested in hearing others' opinions on the WT-1000.

3. I own a WT-600 head but I've recently tried a WT-1000 power amp with a variety of preamps. I've also tried the preamps into a Crown power amp. It's obvious that the Eden was designed specifically for bass guitar amplification. The WT-1000 seemed to give a rounder sound to the preamps over the Crown power amp.

4. I got one last November. This amp really rocks.It also has a tone cntrol for each channel so you can really tweak to your cabs and the room. It helps if your preamp does not have a balance control also.
    The amp is built very well. (Which most good amps are)
    Also, Don't buy into the "A power amp is a power amp- what goes in should come out louder." rap. this amp is voiced for bass. They are not over priced either. Shop around, and if you can find one in stock, buy it. Eden only makes 3 production runs of the WP100 and WT1000 a year. If you order one, you may have to wait, and this will make you cry.
    I tried other power amps, but really love this one.

5. Craig H

Craig H

Mar 23, 2000
    Kansas City
    I got lucky with my WT-1000...the local MARS Music was blowing them out during their Memorial Day Clearance for $499! (They only had two...both were gone in the first 20 minutes.) So far, I've been playing in the basement with it using my Ampeg SVP-Pro preamp. I'm really liking what I hear.

> Also, Don't buy into the "A power amp is a power amp- what goes in should come out louder." rap. this amp is voiced for bass.

I agree! I wasn't impressed when I tried out a Mackie 1400i. Yes, it was loud, but it seemed to lack character. Those tone controls make a HUGE difference. I have two gigs this coming weekend...I can't wait to see how the WT-1000 does at volume!

-Craig

6. Wow! I would have bought them both. Aaaarrrrrrrgggghhhh!!!
    Excuse me, I've got to clean up.