Eden WT300 amp with large step knobs, what gives??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mcrelly, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I recently borrowed and was thinking of buying my friends wt-300 but it has large indented steps in all the knob movements except the frequency sweeps. has anyone else experienced this??? I was playing with the band and church and I'd tweak the volume up "one click" and it was too loud, went down "one click" and it was a little too soft. I tried in between or tweaking the gain or bass knob, but still was a little annoyed at the big click movement. I noticed the wt330 head in the time traveler 110 combo is about 3 little clicks for each one click on the old wt300.

what gives? anyone had theirs modified? how much did that cost.

BTW I loved the tone, especially the thick bottom running through my two aguilar 112s.
  2. I have a pretty early model WT 800 (purchased used in '98, probably made early '90s) with the same type of pots in it. I didn't even know there were the newer type until I just happened to play with one at a Guitar Center. I just put the control in-between when needed. It seems to stay put pretty well. I think it would be pretty pricey to have the factory install all new pots, but check it out if you think necessary.