Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WT300 amp with large step knobs, what gives??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mcrelly, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I recently borrowed and was thinking of buying my friends wt-300 but it has large indented steps in all the knob movements except the frequency sweeps. has anyone else experienced this??? I was playing with the band and church and I'd tweak the volume up "one click" and it was too loud, went down "one click" and it was a little too soft. I tried in between or tweaking the gain or bass knob, but still was a little annoyed at the big click movement. I noticed the wt330 head in the time traveler 110 combo is about 3 little clicks for each one click on the old wt300.

what gives? anyone had theirs modified? how much did that cost.

BTW I loved the tone, especially the thick bottom running through my two aguilar 112s.

2. I have a pretty early model WT 800 (purchased used in '98, probably made early '90s) with the same type of pots in it. I didn't even know there were the newer type until I just happened to play with one at a Guitar Center. I just put the control in-between when needed. It seems to stay put pretty well. I think it would be pretty pricey to have the factory install all new pots, but check it out if you think necessary.