1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden WT300 Hiss Problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Marton, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Marton

Marton

Sep 20, 2005
    Quebec
    I use a Eden WT300 amp and there is always some hiss, like a white noise, even when there is no bass plugged. The hiss become really louder is the cab's tweeter is on. I lived with the hiss for a while, but I tried different rig recently and this noise is starting to really annoying me. I changed the tube, and bring the head to a tech, but everything was fine. Does anybody had this problem before (mine is a 1996 model) ? Is there a way to fix it ?

If not, I guess I'll probably try something new, do you know of a amp that would be similar sounding, but much quieter ? I thought about the Walkabout, Hartke LH500 and Shuttle 6.0, but never tried them, how the sounds of these heads compare to the WT300 ?

Thanks !

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I think mine's a '96, and it hisses if I turn up the treble and/or the tweeter's up too high. I don't let it bother me. I think it's inherent to that amp. If you're using the Enhance knob, turn it down a little (or a lot). It boosts not only the lows, but the highs as well, for that "smiley face" thingie.

3. Marton

Marton

Sep 20, 2005
    Quebec
    Yeah, I already figured it out, but even at 10% on the tweeter, the hiss is really loud. My Enhance knob is about at 9 o'clock, and I already cut some high on the amp, no change. Even if I cut all the enhance, highs/high mids, on the bass and the amp, the hiss is still there.

I agree that the noise is not a problem live, but when I'm playing alone the noise is really annoying.

4. staccatogrowl

staccatogrowl Savoring the spinning, shimmery aquasphere Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2006
    The Eden forum (on Eden's website) might lend some insight in answering your question.

5. Marton

Marton

Sep 20, 2005
    Quebec
    Good idea Staccatogrowl, didn't think of that. I decided to send a e-mail to Eden Customer Service instead, and had a answer hours later. As the noise is there with the gain and master set to zero, they said that it was probably a grounding problem. I'll just make another tech check the head, I guess. I hope it will solve the problem.

Thanks everybody for the help !

6. bedge

bedge

Apr 9, 2011
    Montreal
    maybe I'm to late but sound like my problem on the WT 300, I open the top and moved the green wire, around to found that it make the noise go louder or softer or even, nearly none...put the wire where it's quiet and ducktape it ...