Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WT300 Traveler Amp Head

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by squarewave, Aug 23, 2004.

1. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    SOLD

You guys probably know all about this model already, but here is a link to the specs and some manufacturer's photos just in case:

http://www.eden-electronics.com/300.html

This one is in very good condition. It has a few of the usual small dings and scratches, but none are on the face, and it really looks fantastic - cool gold face, etc. I will take a closer look at it this evening and try to better describe any flaws.

I purchased it used, but have since found a deal on some Euphonic gear. I wish I could keep it. It is very light weight and portable by itself, but also includes removable rack ears if you want to rack it. A lot of people use a small tote bag to transport the WT300.

I have been impressed with the power and terrific sound when connected to one or two Avatar SB112's (also available). I installed a new preamp tube in it last week.

I will snap some photos tonight and post them tomorrow.

The price is $325 plus actual shipping. No charge for pro-quality packing. I will be firm on the price for a couple of weeks. It is worth it. PayPal accepted and preferred.

Jeff

2. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    This photo shows the wt300 in the distance, on an Avatar sb112, to give you an idea of the size. Better pictures tomorrow so you can see the condition. I built the bass in the foreground, by the way.

3. Can you give me instruction on how to build a bass?
    Cause I wanna build one myself.

4. goat1234

goat1234

Mar 17, 2004
    Virgnia
    Is it possible to use this unit as just a preamp, and have an external power source?

5. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    It is fun to build a bass. There is a lot to it, but if you move slowly and deliberately, anyone can do it. It would take a 100 page post to tell you how to build one, so I will leave it to you and the forum search function to figure it out. You can check out the luthier area of the Forum, but be advised that it is mostly pros there and you will want to do your research before asking questions.

Good luck. I'll post pics of my neck-through 5-string some day soon. It has been 80% complete for the last 10 years.

Jeff

6. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    It looks like you can. The manual tells which outs are pre/post EQ and pre/post gain. Rather than drawing a conclusion for you regarding suitability, here is a link to the manual so you can check it out yourself.

http://www.eden-electronics.com/Manuals/WT300manual2002.pdf

Thanks for looking.

7. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Check out how nice the Eden amps look. I used this one in my family room, which is finished to a pretty high level. The gold face is very attractive, and there are no ugly graphics.

The knob positions are courtesy of one of my two-year old twins. I run the EQ essentially flat.

8. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA

9. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    I've often used my WT-300 as a preamp by just running an out from the headphone jack to the input of my Mackie power amp. Works like a charm. I think the manual mentions it.

J.

10. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Thank you for that Justyn. The headphone out is indeed post-eq and post-master, so it may be used to drive additional amps or as a preamp out without using the onboard amp at all.

Having said that, this little head sounds really powerfull into my pair of 8-Ohm Avatars (net impedance 4 Ohms), and I think it would have to be a big outdoor gig to require more. Even then, it would have plenty of power for on-stage use, with the big sound carried by the PA mains.

Do you like your WT300? Do you think my price is reasonable? You can be honest. I can take it.

11. How do you think it will it do through a 4-10 8ohm cab? I am using a Hartke 3500 right now, very rarly push it past 4 on the master for gigs. I play small bars and clubs, no house PA. the 3500 is rated for 280 into 8 ohms, but there was no rating for 8 for the WT on thier website.

Thanks

12. PM sent

13. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    I'll chime in here.. I have one, and it's great. If I had an extra $325 I'd buy it just to have one at home and at church. I think the price is fine... Well worth it..

bassman.. it's 175 watts at 8OHM

14. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA

Thanks for the post. I used it for a day or two with a Hartke 410XL cab. In fact I switched from a 3500 and the 410Xl to the WT300 and the pair of Avatar SB112's. It sounded great with the 8-ohm 410. Honestly, the difference between 200 and 300 watts into a cab is not all that easy to discern (- just my opinion, I'll put on my flame-proof suit now for all of the responses).

Jeff

15. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    (stepping into my fire-retardent gear as well)

I agreee. I think it's more an issue of headroom than it is of volume considering that (everybody sing along) it takes a full doubling of power to increase volume by 3db. I generally use my WT300 by itself for rehearsals and smaller gigs with either a single Epifani T112 or the T112 augmented with a T210. For larger gigs I use the same cabs, but I power them with either the WT300 (as a preamp) or a Yamaha PB-1 into a Mackie 1400i which both doubles the power going to each cab and gives me a bit more headroom as well so I'm not overdriving the amp. Seems to work pretty well.

Hope that helps,
    J.

16. I've had the 300 and the 400, and that is a dern good price. most 300s sell for $400+.

Actually I think you should charge about $75 to ship it, to make up the difference;) :D

17. Money Sent! Also I PM'd you.

18. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Thanks Bassmonster. SOLD