1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden WT400 and Thunderfunk TFB550

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 5bassman, Mar 28, 2006.

1. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    How do these two compare tone wise? I know the wattage difference, but was wondering how close sounding these two are.

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I find the TFB to be "a little cleaner, and a little faster," and perhaps the eden's tone starts out a ''tad fatter and warmer...''

I have a TFB420, and an eden wt800B, and feel I can use them interchangably as far as tone goes, for me.

YMMV, etc.

3. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Well I recently sold a TFB-420 and I recently purchased an Eden WT-550. Not exactly the models that you're asking about but tone wise should be the same. Both amps sound excellent but IMO the Eden is warmer and has more of a HiFi sound than the TFB-420. Of course the "switch" is suppose to accomplish this for the TFB-550 amp but I haven't had an opportunity to play through one yet so I can't really comment on that feature. Both amps sound great flat and can be tweaked easily via the Timbre and enhance controls (TF) and enhance control (Eden). I really loved the TFB-420 but in the end it came down to needing just a little more headroom and the TFB-550 dollar for watt just cost to much (new or used). A new Eden's not cheap either but you can find mint used ones for a bargain ($700-800 for the WT-550). Also, a big plus was that the Eden can be run at 2 ohms with no problem. Some run the TF amps at 2 ohms but I'd be hesitate to do so. You can't go wrong with either amp but for my money, the Eden was the better deal.