1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden wt400 hiss

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dukati, Mar 11, 2013.

1. dukati

dukati

Mar 3, 2013
    Hey,

So I currently own a wt400, but it's having this hissing issue, it's definitely not the cab since I can hear it on the phones and out the di. Could it be the tube? Also the transformer is humming a little louder than usual.
    Can anyone else that owns this amp help me out.

Thanks!

2. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets

Dec 25, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Not impossible that your preamp tube could be dead, that would cause undesirable noise(hiss, hum, etc.). Hope you get it fixed. I use this head and love it a lot!

3. Bassmann1968

Bassmann1968

Feb 17, 2009
    Germany
    Clean all jacks (used and unused). Spray contact cleaner like Caig Deoxit in them and work a 1/4" plug in and out 20-30 times.

4. I have a similar problem with my Fender M80 AND my Peavey Mark VIII XP - they both hiss. Its NOT a 60 cycle hum, but a hiss. It follows the volume level up and down. It happens in my practice room and elsewhere. Contact cleaner?

5. dukati

dukati

Mar 3, 2013
    Spending $10-20 on a new tube is definitely worth a shot. Would be an amazing fix if it was just that. Is your amp quiet when you turn it on, or can you hear the transformer a bit?

Do you just spray it directly in the jacks?

Thanks

6. Bassmann1968

Bassmann1968

Feb 17, 2009
    Germany
    Yes, spray it directly in there.
    Give it after the cleaning some time to dry before you fire the amp up again.