Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WT400 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sundogue, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Does the Eden WT400 have feet on the amp? It doesn't appear to have any handles, or feet, in the photos and I cannot find the info anywhere.

I would want some kind of isolation between the cab and the head and if it does not have rubber feet, what keeps the vibrations of the cab to the head limited?

Just curious.

2. I've had both a WT300 and a WT400, and one had no feet, but it did have rack ears. The other had little stick-on rubber feet, but I don't know if they were original equipment or not. I bought both used. You could always go to your local hardware store and get some rubber feet, they come in all sizes. I think it would be a good idea to isolate the amp form the cab, it would probably help a little with the ventilation. BTW, not to hijack the thread, but is it normal for Edens to get warm on the front panel? Just to the right of the eq section there seems to be a warm spot on my 300. I didn't notice it on the 400, but I didn't have that amp very long either. Any amp techs out there?

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    The WT-400 comes with rubber feet on the bottom, as do all of the Eden amps.

I actually had to peel 'em off of my WT-1000 power amp to fit it into my rack...

They are easy to find, if your amp doesn't have them, I've seen them at pretty much every hardware store in existance, as well as at Rattio Slack stores.

4. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Well, I assumed that I could add some rubber feet if I needed to, as I've done it with a lot of ampheads that had missing feet, in the past.

I'd prefer to screw them in, not stick on...inevitably one (or more) of the feet fall off unknowingly and then you can't find them when you need them...which is why I asked if they came with (if they had holes pre-drilled for) existing feet. If they are not screwed in are the feet glued on securely, or did they come off easily?

Also, the head does not have any handles, right? I would need a bag of some kind for it, to carry it. And one more question...does the amp have a seperate power cord or is it hardwired into the head? I hate the seperate power cords...but I can live with it.

5. No handles, unless you custom make them (?!)

Eden sells a custom gig bag for it.

They have the separate power cord. I suppose you could solder one on permanently if you dared. It would do much for the resale value though.

Stay Low,

BT

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    The rubber feet on my WT-1000 were a BOOGER to get off, took me a good 5 minutes with a knife to pry 'em loose.

The power cord is a removeable one, the reason they do that is because the amps are designed to be used with different voltages easily, and you need to have different types of plugs depending on where you are in the world. You can just go buy any universal power cable (like for a computer) that has the proper plug alignment, make sure the amp is configured for the proper voltage (the 400 you just flip the fuse!), plug it in, and go! Permanently mounting the cable would be goofy, it would definitely void any warranty, and would most likely damage the amp, if not destroy it.

The gigbag for the WT-/300/400/550 is GREAT by the way!

7. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I would never wire the power cord permanently. I was just curious, because I had an amp that had the removable power cord and damned if I didn't get to the gig, setup and find out it was missing!

I never did find it...and I double-checked that it was there when I packed up for the gig. Murphy's law.

Yeah, I used a PC power cord borrowed from some local's PC.

The amp itself seems light enough to not worry about a handle...just curious if one was on there. I've got all kinds of leather bags, padded, unpadded, etc. from laptop bags to all kinds of various luggage...so I'm sure I'd have something that fits it.

Thanks for the replies.

8. T. Brookins

T. Brookins Supporting Member

Yes, the warm front panel is normal. After a set or two, the panel gets rather warm. The warmest spot is just left of the power switch. Behind this spot is a set of white ceramic resistors that normally heat after a few minutes.