1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD EDEN WT405 "Time Traveller"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Joebone, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    On offer we have an Eden WT405 amp. For pictures:

MobileMe Gallery

Although now discontinued, these remain popular units, and some folks (including me) think they are among the very best amps Eden ever made. All solid state, but use of a high-end chip in the preamp, and a "warmth" button, with settings adjustable by setscrew, lets you dial in some grit. There are also pushbuttons to activate a "loudness" function, that boosts highs or lows to get to flatter sound at low volume (ah, the Fletcher-Munson curve!), and an excellent compressor circuit.

Another great feature is the ability to run 2-ohm loads, comfortably:

WT405 Specs
    Power 8Ω/4Ω/2Ω 250/405/620W RMS
    Power Mono Bridge N/A
    Distortion <.05%
    Frequency Response 10Hz - 15KHz ±2dB
    Headroom 3db
    Dimensions 13"W x 3.5"H x 12"D
    Weight 15 LBS

I've sometimes used it at 2.67 ohms, and it was a beast!

Also includes a LOT of useful features, including headphone jack, two inputs (great for teaching) and speaker output defeatable from front panel (great for headphone practice).

This one also includes the rack ears, and it is in great condition. Based on the back panel markings, it also looks to have been made in the original Eden factory before they moved production elsewhere, and ultimately moved it to China.

Selling only because I'm redoing my cab configuration so no longer need the 2-ohm capability, and looking to lighten my load as I trudge up several flights of stairs. This truly is the poor man's Thunderfunk...with a better compressor to boot.

Asking $440.00 plus shipping. Thanks, but no trades - this is a sale.

2. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Mid-Holiday-Weekend-Bump

3. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    "Almost-seemed-to-have-a-deal-there" bump

4. PDGood

PDGood Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Bump for a great amp. I own one of these and I can tell you that they are considered to be the "Golden Child" of Eden amps.
    There are several things about Eden amps that set them apart. First, they are very rich in features: There are so many in and output jacks - you can use the preamp to power another amp and another pre to power this amp at the same time. Look at the back - there's just a lot of access to possibilities.

The 405 is considered to have one of the finest built in compressors available.

David Eden went to a lot of trouble to design them so that they sound great with the eq totally flat. It's the easiest amp to get a good tone out of you can imagine. And because the knobs are all flat, if you do need to eq (funky speaker cabinet for example) you have tons of head room.
    And they've added a feature for keeping the eq flat when you drop the volume way down. You don't have to adjust your eq for practice levels differently than gig levels.

My only complaint is it doesn't have a sweepable mid. Other than that these are exceptional amps. Very similar to a Markbass LMlll in both tone and power, but with more features and a smoother high end.

405s and 550s seem to be the most desirable models. 405s are the rarest. (See the Eden forum for more 405 praise. That's what motivated me to buy one).

5. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Bump. Was not truly interested in selling this unit so was not pushing it, but have now made up my mind to sell. It truly is the poor man's Thunderfunk, and for a rocker who is playing less than stadium volume, it is even better than that. Plus, the compressor is exceptional. A great amp.

6. projectapollo

projectapollo Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Ive had two of these. Beats the heck out oh Markbass and GB.

7. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Bump for my favorite Eden head and I've owned just about all of them!

8. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the bumpage. Those mini-heads have convenience, but they don't have the sound. For my money, the only mini-head to approach the authority of the WT405 and other top-end heads with big transformers is the Aguilar TH500.

9. ACB0015

ACB0015

Oct 27, 2010
    Portland, Maine
    I agree one needs a real torroidal to feel well supported. I've got the WT330 and attest to the fine sound and versatility of this amp. I'm using just the power amp of mine with an Ashly BP41 pre and that is my favorite. But the Eden pre is good and its there for a backup. I do wish someone manufactured small mono power amps with torroidal transformers for my purposes.

10. otto B

otto B Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    No pics in the link

11. Kellymack

Kellymack Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2011
    I recently purchased an Eden WT 550 here on TB. I've had an Ashdown Little Giant, Genz Benz and a 6.0, Mark Bass LM 3. After hearing the first note out of the Eden, I realized what I'd been missing... Tone, rich tone. These amps kill

12. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Thanks - it's the poor man's Thunderfunk, with a little more attitude and sparkle to boot, and that killer compressor.

13. Bulky Bass

Bulky Bass

Jan 25, 2008
    Bay Area, Ca.
    pics? link doesn't work

14. Bulky Bass

Bulky Bass

Jan 25, 2008
    Bay Area, Ca.
    still waiting for pics

15. Joebone