1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden WT500 ohm question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RDT, Mar 10, 2010.

1. I run a WT500 (factory modded to WT600 specs) thru a 6x10 (6 ohm) cab off one side of the head.

Can I run a 1x15 (8ohm) off the other side?

If so, what would the power to each be?

2. Parallel R1*R2/R1+R2 48 / 14 = 3.42 ohms I would say no. You don't want to smell the magic smoke...

3. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

The WT500/600 has two separate power amps. Each one is OK down to four ohms. Run in stereo mode, and you can balance the cab volumes.

Just don't try to run bridged-mono mode below 8 ohms.

4. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    Not sure about the above but it's a stereo head, right? If so, you'll be putting slightly more oomph into the 6 ohm side and so balance may be difficult, but it shouldn't hurt anything. At 6 ohms you'll have somerthing less than the nominal 4 ohm rating, and at 8 ohms, still less.

5. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Since it is indeed a stereo head, balancing the two cabs is easy.

6. Yes, it's a stereo head. I was thinking I could run down to 4 on each...but...as thegroovemaster said..."You don't want to smell the magic smoke..."

I understand that the 6 ohm cab will draw a little less than optimal power, but didn't know the formula to figure out just how much. It don't really matter...I'm just kinda "techie" like that.

7. Forgive an uninformed brother, but explain how is the 500 to have two amps I don't see it listed that way on the Eden site?

8. babebambi

babebambi

Jan 7, 2008
    YTZ
    WT500 is a discontinued product, which is replaced by the WT600 and subsequently by the WT800.

WT550 you see on the Eden site is an entire different animal from the WT500.

The OP is good to go with 6 ohm on one side and 8 ohm on the other, at the same time - if the amp is up to factory spec.

I am interested to find out how/who did the upgrade to WT600 spec, better confirm with that tech whether the amp is good with said combo of speakers. For all we know, the "upgrade" spec could deviate significantly form the factory spec.

9. That explains it I confused the WT with WTX so nevermind my previous post. Thanks babe for the explanation

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020