Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WT500 vs. WT405

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vision, Apr 13, 2005.

1. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Does anyone have opinons on both of these heads? I've tried the 405 and I love it. Is the sound much different from the 550? Any opinions on the tube vs. solid state front ends?

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    ok almost a year old thread, but I saw it!

I prefer the "hybrid" sound of eden amps. I put a wt300 (hybrid 300w) next to a wt330 (SS 330w) I think the 300 had a "rounder" tone with nice heavy bottom, the 330 was a smidge towards the thinner SS sound. both amps have heavy bottom with great authority at higher volumes.

I like the greater flexibility with the 3 semi-parametric eq on the 550 vs. the simpler 405 tone controls. eden says they have chose the most popular center freqencies for the simpler eq, but I like to keep my options open. some people are intimidated by alot of knobs, SO WAS I AT FIRST!!:rolleyes: but now I love the eq!!

the 405 is cheaper than the 550 thats another consideration, about $100 :rolleyes: