1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden wt550@4ohms/Aggie DB750@8ohms?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by matt11, Oct 7, 2013.

1. matt11

matt11 Supporting Member

May 19, 2006
    Montreal
    Hi, Recently forced by necessity to sell my USA Eden wt550b and 210xlt/210xst setup. All my gigs the last years I ran the WT550 into one or the other 210 (not both together) at 4ohms (supposedly 500 watts). It was a great setup for small to medium sized gigs with PA support. Both cabs together was too much stage sound at most of the places I played. Now I'm gigging again, and I have a 2005 DB750 I'm pulling out of storage. There's a good condition GS212 (8ohms) for sale locally. Do you think I'm right that 400 watts @ 8 ohms of "Aguilar Power" is pretty much the same as 500 watts of "Eden power"? If so, I'll pick up the 8ohm gs212 now, and get a second one later. Thanks!

2. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    If you like the very different sound of the DB, then I don't think you'll miss your Eden at all. I've used both live (well, actually a WT-400). I found it easier to stand out in the mix with the Eden, but the DB is a sledge hammer and you'll be felt, for sure!

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The difference between 400 and 500 watts is nothing. It's really all about the spkr cab. The Aggie should be plenty loud, but a 2nd GS212 will really open up, AND give you a 6dB increase.

4. See my sig. There's a difference in sound, of course, but not really in volume. To my ears, the Aguilar has the most 'effortless' power I've ever heard from an amp. It always seems to have something in reserve. That said, I usually use the db750 with two 210XST cabs at 8 ohms each.

5. husky123

husky123 Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Leesburg, VA
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses and Bergantino Audio Systems
    That's a good way of putting it. I have a DB751 and it has never even broken a sweat on anything I've done with multiple loud bands and that's just with a Dually 215.

6. matt11

matt11 Supporting Member

May 19, 2006
    Montreal
    Thanks guys, you confirmed my intuition. I've played the DB750 into my two old Eden cabs a two ohms a couple times, and into an old Marshall 215--that was almost scary. I'm sure when I add the second gs212 I'll experience something similar. Right now though, 400 watts at 8ohms will do!