Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WT550 and Mesa Walkabout Gigbag?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ratzpaul, Oct 18, 2004.

1. ratzpaul

ratzpaul

Aug 19, 2004
    Europe
    Hi,

sorry guys, I'm quite short on time - so direct question:

Will an Eden WT550 fit into the bag of the Mesa Boogie Walkabout? From the search I've done it seems like this should be possible. Even more important: is the Walkabout bag 2 door; so is it possible to leave the Eden in the bag while using or do I have to take it out?

I would really appreciate an answer as I cannot try this out for myself.

Thanks a lot guys,
    paul

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i dunno but you do NOT want to leave the eden in the bag.
    the vents and fan are on the sides and it will heat up pretty quick w/o ventillation

3. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I'm not sure if the WT 550 will fit, but I do have a Walkabout and bag. The Walkabout bag is more like a carrying bag as opposed to a rack bag. It only opens up on top and the Walkabout slides in. It is not designed to be operated while it is still in the bag. I hope this helps....

4. ratzpaul

ratzpaul

Aug 19, 2004
    Europe
    thanks a lot guys, helps a lot. Good point about the heat, IvanMike! I have to consider this while choosing a suitable one.

By the way, as I was in a hurry while posting this thread I hadn't got the time to tell you - but:

I have a new rig!!! :hyper:

The amp is an Eden WT 550 and the cab is an Aguilar GS 112. The Eden replaces my Ampeg B2r top and the Aguilar is additional to my two Mesa/Boogie Diesel Cabs.

I needed a cab which is easy to carry around and which fits in the trunk of my car. Until today I always had to ask somebody to borrow me his/her car because the Mesas - although they are quite small - don't fit in my cars trunk - this really can be annoying for both sides!
    I like the sound of the aggie in my room but didn't had the chance yet to hear it in a rehersal situation. I know that it is scooped, but I'm sure the EQ on the Eden will fit this with ease. I compared it to an Epifani UL112 which I liked even a little bit more, but it wasn't worth the 2xx Euros extra.

I won't have the chance to hear the Eden with my Mesas until weekend, but I'm really looking foreward to it. It was just stunning when I heard it over the Mesas they had in the shop although it was at farely low volume.

So, I'm sure you will hear from me within the next days/weeks as questions appear - until then, Groove On!

paul