1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden WT550 DI - pre or post EQ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rockin Mike, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Rockin Mike

Rockin Mike

May 27, 2011
    The manual for the Eden WT-550 says:

"Recording Out (D.I.) – This fully balanced XLR output allows you to send a pre- or post-EQ signal ..."

but I don't see any kind of pre/post switch on the back panel. OK, so the manual is wrong. Probably derived from another model's manual and they missed that in proofreading. No problem.

Question remains, Is the DI before or after the:
    preamp?
    compressor?
    EQ?

2. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    The WT-400 was post. I believe the 550 has a push/pull pot for the DI level to switch pre or post. I had the factory change my late '97 WT-400 to switchable, about a year before the 550 replaced the 400.

John

3. Rockin Mike

Rockin Mike

May 27, 2011
    The only push/pull pots on my 550 are the input pad (gain knob) and the compressor defeat (enhance knob)

4. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    The WT550 is *post* only, it is non-switchable.
    One of the many errors in the Eden manuals.

5. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    East Bay, CA
    FYI the 1/4" Tuner out is post-tube and pre-EQ. It actually sounds very clean/hifi compared to the XLR out. To my ears most of the "Eden" sound comes from the EQ.

6. Rockin Mike

Rockin Mike

May 27, 2011
    Yeah I had a chance to play with it at the club tonight. The DI is definitely post-EQ.
    Bummer, I would have preferred pre-EQ.