Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden WT800 100VAC to 240VAC ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by remo, Dec 22, 2005.

1. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    I'm wondering if these amps can be user switched between 110VAC and 240VAC?

I know the manual said it needs to be set by an Eden technician but I am wondering if anyone knows how to do this as if it's only changing a few jumpers I can handle that myself as I am an electronics technician by trade...

Has anyone had any experience with this mains VAC switch-a roo?

here is a quote from the WT-1205

the WT-800 maunual does not have this paragraph and I was wondering if any WT-800 owners out there wouldn't mind "popping the top" and seeing if there is a diagram how to change the VAC jumpers inside..

cheers!

2. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    Best to pose your question at

eden-electronics.com/forum

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    YES, and wait for a response from "lane on bass" he works there and can ask the right person...

4. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    +1 on the Eden forum

I just made this change on a DB 659 and on a GT Brick ... each had its ideosyncracies.

The DB 659 has an elegant system ... a small square PC board that you can twist and insert near the plug for 4 settings (100, 110, 230, 240 VAC) one for each side.

The GT Brick says they have an internal switch in their documentation ... well, not exactly. They have a center tap in the transformer that needs to be clipped from the off/on switch, and soldered together (hardly a switch).

Both are simple conversions ... but non-obvious

5. cckeong

cckeong

Feb 4, 2008

Just borught a WT800 need to convert to 240V,you have the solution?I open found that's standby connector but don't know which wire to switch....

6. One Drop

One Drop Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    IIRC you only have to turn the fuse holder upside down and replace the fuse with one that has the proper value.

On the WT-550 you have to move a few jumpers at the transformer, very quick and simple operation, following the diagram glued under the cover. Just don't strip the tiny screws holding the cover on to the chassis, it's too easy to do.

7. cckeong

cckeong

Feb 4, 2008
    No,if just change the fuse plug into 240v it will blow straight away.I need a power supply circuit diagram.The internal have 5 Leg...