1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden wt800 effects loop question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassPlayer3187, Jan 18, 2012.

1. I recently switched from using the mono effects loop on my wt800 to using the stereo effects loop. I like the tone this gives me much more. However when I plugged the head into a PA using the D.I. on the back, only the dry, unaffected signal was being sent to the PA. I looked in the manual and made sure that I was using the left return as it says and I am. Nowhere does it say anything about the effects not being sent through the D.I. Any ideas?

Note: I usually mic my cab for a lot of the smaller bar gigs I do so it's not a necessity but it would be nice to have the option.

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    There may be a better option here, but you could conect your headphone out jack to an external DI box to get a wet/post-EQ signal out to the board.

3. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings; Bergantino Amps & Cabs
    that DI is pre EQ/effects loop only. Having lived with that amp for about 4 years, I can say that the DI is scratchy and nasty in that thing anyway (and the headphone out is a horrible, noisy, midrange-muddifying monster - don't bother), and you'll get a better sound miking the cabs....

esp if you use these:

C 214

Best sound I have EVER gotten in my life - sounds like ME, including all the bottom end and midrange.

Cheers,
    Cameron

4. Thanks for the advice! Looks like I'll stick with miking the cab whenever possible. The D.I. has been noisy for me as well which is why I began miking the cabs in the first place. The other night was the first time I wasn't able to do so, thus the first time I noticed the dry D.I.

I'm going to be buying a mic sometime in the near future and will be sure to look into those mics! Thanks again!

5. GisserD

GisserD

Sep 9, 2015
    My wt800C has a pre/post switch.

Pull the enhance nob. Like the mute on the gain nob.

Also, my headphone out sounds great.

6. GisserD

GisserD

Sep 9, 2015
    Haha. I just realised how old this is.......