eden wt800 + epifani cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by popawheelie, Nov 18, 2004.

1. popawheelie

Apr 14, 2004
    OK this is my set up. The Wt800 and a Epifani t212 and a t210(both 4 ohm). This set up sounds great, but I am pushing the 210 as far as it will go before farting(we play very loud). My question is would the 210 do better with more power running to it? I hear that Epifani's love power. I was actually thinking of getting an Ampeg SVT-4pro, but I may end up with the same problem. Maybe I should go to a pre power setup. Any thoughts would be appreciated. To hear the kind of music we play go to www.squarejohn.com
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    if the 210 is farting out but the amp isnt clipping you probably can't push the 210 any harder
    the 212 will take a lot more power than one side of the wt-800 can dish out. if you reallty need more volume a pre/power setup will allow you to push the 212 harder, but it sounds like you've maxxed out the 210
  3. wildsponge

Oct 21, 2004
    Novato, CA
    Yeah what he said. You need a pre/power amp setup. If you get the eden navigator preamp and a good stereo power amp with plenty of juice, you will pretty much keep your tone but no farting. I would reccomend a QSC PLX series power amp. Just a thought.