1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden WT800 EQ lights are out and no sound, Blown?!?!?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MikeDthumps337, Aug 21, 2012.

1. MikeDthumps337

MikeDthumps337

Aug 21, 2012
    I just got a used WT800 from 2003 (I assume its an "A" model because of the round vents on top) to match with with my XLT410. It sounded amazing for about 5 minutes with my band and then the sound cut out completely. I look at the amp to find the EQ lights were out and the EQ clip light was solid for a few seconds then faded out. What have i done? Have I used the wrong output? I used the 1/4 inch output above the "L amp/HI" output. Im extremely bummed!! This was the best tone I've ever heard and now I dont know what's wrong. Any thoughts???

2. Eden is known for using big white ceramic resistors to drop the voltage down for the preamp section. Also known for the solder joints to fail on the board for these resistors and need to be re soldered. Not sure if the WT800 falls into this problem or not for sure. If it does it is a simple repair.

3. just make sure you weren't running it bridged into a 4ohm cab

4. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    It may have gone into thermal overload.
    The feature shuts down when sensing too much heat
    but will recover in a few minutes.
    Also , check the fuse.

5. MikeDthumps337

MikeDthumps337

Aug 21, 2012
    When I think about it, I never heard the fan when I first turned it on and used it, but I let it cool for about 20 minutes and nothing changed.

6. MikeDthumps337

MikeDthumps337

Aug 21, 2012
    ...And also is there a certain way to put in the fuse? I checked it and it wasnt burnt. I put it back in, but wasnt sure if there was a certain side that needs to face a certain side (like a battery does)

7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    May I suggest a trip to the tech for a correct diagnosis.

8. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    they do have a preamp tube. that could have failed.

9. MikeDthumps337

MikeDthumps337

Aug 21, 2012
    Yep, taking it in on monday. Using my Carvin BX1500 til then.

10. 12bass

12bass

Jan 2, 2003
    Victoria, Canada
    Tell them to check the solder joints underneath the big power resistors on the preamp board.