1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden WT800???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by monroe55, Mar 28, 2009.

1. monroe55

monroe55

Mar 17, 2009
    1. I thought you could bridge the "B" and "C" version of this amp into 4ohms. Why then on the back of the amp near the bridge/mono input does it read 8ohms only?

2. What kind of cable(s) do I need to use this bridge/mono feature? The input jack here doesn't look like its for a normal speaker cable.

2. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    What production year is your amp? If it requires banana plugs in bridged mode, it is AFAIK an A. If so, min 8 Ohms in bridged mode is correct.

3. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    The WT800 *B* versions where produced 4/05
    The *C* versions have the back lit logo.
    Both models would have speakon connectors even for bridge mode which use a standard cable wired +1-1.

If your Wt800 is dated prior to April 05 then you have an original *A* model which can't be bridged to 4ohms.
    *some* of the earlier *B* models where still marked as bridged to 8ohms only because they where using up existing chassis for the builds.
    Eden was offering labels to those that had chassis with the 8ohm marking, just a sticker that you could apply over the 8ohm rating saying it's bridgeable to 4ohm you just had to contact customer service.

4. monroe55

monroe55

Mar 17, 2009
    I checked out this amp on the EDEN website. I clicked on a photo of the WT800C and what I read on the back, next to the bridge/mono input, was again 8ohm minimum. Wouldn't it say something else if you could bridge into 4ohms??? Is this just an old photo their using?? Does anyone have a "C" or "B" model that can verify what it says near the bridge input? Im trying to buy one of these used and the seller states its a "C" version but the photo has that 8ohm minimum stamp on the back. I want to make sure its really a "C".

5. IF it has the backlit logo, it is a C version.

If it does not have the backlit logo, but it has a speakon connector socket for the bridge option it is a B version.

And if the connectors for the bridge option are the red and white banana plugs, it is the A version.

6. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    This is what I have...an early B model, labeled 8 ohms at the bridge output...it came with a letter of certification and a stick on label for the 4 ohm bridge output.
    You can tell and early B model by the oval (versus round) cooling holes; or call eden cs with the serial number.

7. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    Did you read what I previously posted?
    It's pretty simple, what is the date of manufacture?
    Does it have a back lit logo?

8. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    ---backlit logo?...done

9. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Don't trust the details on the photos on the Eden site. They've been known to use PhotoShopped variations before. Some are much more noticeable than others.