1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden WT800B Users.. when was yours built?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wateroftyne, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Hi folks

I have the chance of picking up an unused WT800B, dated sometime around April 2006.

I'm aware of some problems that have been reported with the WT800C, but.. would I expect a 'B' dated around this time to be fairly reliable?

Thanks!

2. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    I would think that a 800B from that period would be fine... Check to see if the Tuner out works and does not just pass Hum... and make sure the Gain Pots do not Pop and thump when turned. The Mute never MUTED, only padded the output....
    I think that you will be OK though. But I would not get a "c".. I still get about 1 email a month from folks and even folks that i meet while out and about, tell me that the C is still having failures in one way or another.
    But I think any "B" is safe

3. inthepocket2

inthepocket2

Aug 9, 2007
    No Cal
    I've owned an 800C myself ( final mods completed prior to release ) and had no issues with it. It is a great amp but lacked some of the features I needed. Perfomance wise the main issues there where in the gain section and I've also heard reports of issues with the Tuner outs.
    It's gone now and I have a new WT1205 that I just love!
    All the Bells and Whistles I needed and a ton of headroom.
    Best Regards, ITP2:hyper: