1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

Eden WTDI vs Ampeg SCR DI vs EHX battalion vs MXR m80 vs others

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by loud bassist, May 9, 2019.

1. loud bassist

loud bassist

Apr 15, 2019
    I need a preamp/DI to go directly in the mixer during gigs, which one would you recommend? it should be good but as budget-friendly as possible :)
    thanks!

2. moon-bass

moon-bass Up to the moon and back Supporting Member

May 10, 2004
    USA, New Orleans
    Full disclosure - I have an EHX Battalion for sale right now. That being said - it's a fantastic pedal. I did a pedal preamp "shoot out" not to long ago - I tried about 30 preamp pedals on the market (every thing from the MXR to the DHA, several Darkglass, Eden WTDI, etc.). My requirements were -

1) Versatile preamp with good tone shaping
    2) Distortion/OD
    3) DI out

After all the tryouts, I settled on the Darkglass B7K Ultra and the EHX Battalion. I couldn't decide between the two and kept both for a bit. I eventually decided to sell both because I bought a Line6 Matrix.

The EHX is a fantastic pedal for the price, but the DG did sound better. If $$ wasn't an issue I would go for the DG, but for a budget you can't beat the EHX. It's definitely a close second and it beat out a lot of other preamp pedals.

loud bassist and BrentSimons like this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 20, 2021