1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden WTX500+EX410 cabinet Vs. Markbass Little Mark Rocker+Hartke 410XL Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by djasterix, Oct 29, 2013.

1. djasterix

djasterix

Jan 1, 2012
    Lima, Peru
    Hi, any help would be appreciated.

I've been offered this combinations:

Eden WTX500 amp + Eden EX410 cabinet for about $1,050.00

Or

Markbass Little Mark Rocker + Hartke 410XL Cabinet for the same price...

Other option is Markbass Little Mark Rocker + Markbass Traveler 121H (1x12) for about $ 1,280.00 (a little out of my reach...)

Or

Eden WTX264 amp + Eden EX112 cabinet for $675.00

I need the best tone possible and a little punch for a medium church with great acoustics and a loud drummer...

Thanks!!!

2. I was able to get my WTX264 loud enough to play with a loud drummer with an Ampeg 410HLF. I'd think it's possible you might be o.k. with the WTX264 and the Eden 410 but It's always better to go with more power. I have a WTX500 now.

The Markbass amps sound different than the Edens as does the Hartke cabs so really, you might want to try them out. As for volume, I think you'd be fine with the markbass / hartke combo as well. The 112 is definitly a no go IMO.

3. Jerryr63

Jerryr63

Feb 10, 2010
    I have an Eden ENX-260 which is the predecessor to the WTX-260/264.

I use it with an Ampeg SVT15-E cabinet which is ported and fairly efficient. The amp is rated for 180watts at 8ohm and the cabinet is rated for 200watts so they match up well and put out enough sound for most medium sized situations. I also have a couple of nice light weight Ampeg SVT210AV and use one with the Eden head for practices but the STV15-E puts out more sound when compared 1-to-1 with the single 210AV cab which is still not bad on it's own and only weighs 27lbs. The SVT15-E is a heavier built cabinet that is listed as 72lbs but feels more like 60lbs and fairly easy to carry.

Edit: Just rereading your original post and the combinations you mention,

The WTX-500 with Eden 4x10 would certainly do the job. I used a 410XLT for 15 years before deciding 98lbs was too heavy. That's when I bought the ENX-260 and SVT15-E.

The Markbass heads are good but I don't know the Harke stuff. Again a 4x10 should be good enough.

I don't think anything with a 1x12 will do. I've heard a Markbass combo with a 1x12 that put out a lot of sound (350W) but it was pretty raunchy when cranked up.... a good raunchy but maybe not at church :)

I think a 15" in an efficient cabinet will get more for you lower power watts....or a 500watt head will nicely drive a 4ohm 4x10 cabinet.

4. djasterix

djasterix

Jan 1, 2012
    Lima, Peru
    Thanks guys, your feedback is really appreciated. I'm almost convinced of the Eden WTX500 and the 4x10 cab...

5. Jerryr63

Jerryr63

Feb 10, 2010
    Ya, the Eden stuff is nice and well made. Back when I bought my ENX-260 the WTX's were just coming out and I wanted a WTX-500 but they weren't available here in Canada at that time because of a change in distributor or something. I'm pretty sure the ENX-260 I got was one of the only ones brought into the country at that time.

Got luck with your purchase.... I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

6. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    Don't know if it's still here but a TB er had a wtx500 for a great price

7. djasterix

djasterix

Jan 1, 2012
    Lima, Peru

Oh!, thank you for that, but I'm a little far from the US, living in Peru...

8. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    It's a big world

9. djasterix

djasterix

Jan 1, 2012
    Lima, Peru

...with complicated customs procedures... :)