Eden XLT 410 vs. Eden D210T x 2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hoel, Aug 19, 2003.

1. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    hi,

I have a Eden WT-800 amp with a XLT 410 cab. I think the cab is too heavy so I want to buy two D210T's (or 210XLT's, or one T and one XLT) to replace it.

What will I achieve by doing this? Better/worse sound? More/less punch?

cheers, Øyvind

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    portability! Less back injury! or have you considered getting a luggage cart? www.kart-a-bag.com tri-800 :bassist:

I got one, saves my back.

3. Ive had a pair od D210XLT's for many years now you cant beat the versatility for large or small gigs.[​IMG]

4. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    Ok, but I'm talking about D210T's, these are a little smaller... still worth a try?

5. bassic1959

bassic1959

Jan 16, 2003
    I have a d210 MBX. it is a wedge version of the XLT but a little lighter. I pair it with a D115T.
    The 210 really puts out a great sound. I use it for practice and pair it with the 15 for gigs. I would look at the mbx and try it if you can find one. I get lots of compliments on the sound of the rig.

6. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    The thing is I am from Norway and I now know of 2 different guys selling 2 differents cabs and I think this is a one time opportunity (bad english, eh?).

And of course I have to sell the XLT 410 to afford this. The D210T's is lower on W's (I think it's 250 Watts) than the XLT410 so I am afraid to loose headroom if I do this.

But don't you think an Eden WT-800 with two D210T's (instead of the XLT410) will do it?

7. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I run two 210T's and I absolutely love them, I stack them on end if you can see in the pic.
    I think they project a little more set up this way.
    Versitle also, If I'm only playing a small gig then I bring one and run 8ohms if I need more Ooomph then I bring two and run them at 4ohms for some extra girth.
    Great cabs and easy on the back..
    Good luck
    [​IMG]

8. bassic1959

bassic1959

Jan 16, 2003
    What kind of power are you putting through the 2 T's?

9. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Eden WT 400
    400 watts, I also have played my vintage SVT, 300 Tube watts through them and the loved it.:D

10. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    You might think it's weird, but I think I need an explanation on this ohm stuff. I guess the two D210T's has to be 8 ohm's each? Do you have an WT-800 too funkster?

11. bassic1959

bassic1959

Jan 16, 2003
    2 8-ohm cabinets together will present a 4-ohm load to the amp. I use an ampeg B2r head that puts out 350 watts at 4 ohms. When using one cabinet at 8 ohms the amp puts out approx 225 watts.

12. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    No I don't have a WT800, Wish I did but don't:( \
    The thing with ohms is, It's the impedance of the cab, I'm not totally sure either but I guess amps run there best and you get the most output with the lower ohm age.
    Most cab company's offer there stuff in 4 or 8 ohms, Most amps run awesome at 8 ohms but your not getting the full potential of the amp.
    The lower the ohm age the more power your amp will push.
    I opted to get two 8 ohm cabs so that I could utilize both 4 and 8 ohms,
    1 cab at 4 ohms gives you full power, two 4ohm cabs would bring your impedance down to 2ohms
    Some amp company's can run that low now i.e. Genz-Benz.
    one 8 ohm cab cuts your power output down but two 8 ohm cabs brings the impedance down to 4ohm and that's what I use 90% of the time.
    I hope I didn't confuse you and maybe some of the other technical guy's can pop in and explain some more.
    I hope this helps

13. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    That's about what I knew about Ohm's :p
    But... I can't run it if one of the cabs is 4 ohms and one is 8, right?

I see you have a jazz bass funkster, how do you have your EQ setup on your WT-400? And what setup do you have on the jazzbass (both?)

I have a problem with getting the sound loud, punchy, defined and "bassy" at the same time... And the mic's on the jazz bass "clicks" a little when I tap the rythm when I play a groove.

Suggestions?

14. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I wouldn't work to well, 8 and 4 would give you a funky ohm age and probably do some damage.
    I keep my WT 400 set pretty flat except for the enhance knob I leave that one off Yuk!, I adjust the rest for what the room calls for. On the Jbass I keep back pup full on tone full on and I back off the volume just a hair on the fron't pup to get that Jaco-ish tone. I get a pretty good tone outa Eden stuff set flat.
    Eden gear rules..
    Anything else I can do let me know, Oh and welcome to talkbass.

15. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    The click noise and clacking is probably the set-up of the bass, Maybe the pup height should be adjusted a little lower on the bass? When was the last time it was set-up?

16. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    Thankie, that's just what I do to get Jaco'ish sound too, hehe. So do you play in a funk band or what? Mp3s? :bassist:

Problem is not to get jaco sound, it's to get old warm vintage The Band (rick danko) kind of sound.

I play in lots of different settings (funk/jazz, choirs, countryrock, rock n' roll and so on) so I should've had another amp to get this vintage sound.... but I know the WT-800 can do it... it's just I get problem with the clickin when I tap the beat on the strings.

17. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I play in a Led-Zep tribute band and a top-40 cover band and my original project called GO which is kinda psycobilli.
    Go to my website there is a Mp3 on the front page
    http://www.jfhproductions.com/
    Later Bro and enjoy the board.