Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden XLT 410 vs. Eden D210T x 2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hoel, Aug 19, 2003.

1. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    hi,

I have a Eden WT-800 amp with a XLT 410 cab. I think the cab is too heavy so I want to buy two D210T's (or 210XLT's, or one T and one XLT) to replace it.

What will I achieve by doing this? Better/worse sound? More/less punch?

cheers, Øyvind

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    portability! Less back injury! or have you considered getting a luggage cart? www.kart-a-bag.com tri-800 :bassist:

I got one, saves my back.

3. Ive had a pair od D210XLT's for many years now you cant beat the versatility for large or small gigs.[​IMG]

4. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    Ok, but I'm talking about D210T's, these are a little smaller... still worth a try?

5. bassic1959

bassic1959

Jan 16, 2003
    I have a d210 MBX. it is a wedge version of the XLT but a little lighter. I pair it with a D115T.
    The 210 really puts out a great sound. I use it for practice and pair it with the 15 for gigs. I would look at the mbx and try it if you can find one. I get lots of compliments on the sound of the rig.

6. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    The thing is I am from Norway and I now know of 2 different guys selling 2 differents cabs and I think this is a one time opportunity (bad english, eh?).

And of course I have to sell the XLT 410 to afford this. The D210T's is lower on W's (I think it's 250 Watts) than the XLT410 so I am afraid to loose headroom if I do this.

But don't you think an Eden WT-800 with two D210T's (instead of the XLT410) will do it?

7. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I run two 210T's and I absolutely love them, I stack them on end if you can see in the pic.
    I think they project a little more set up this way.
    Versitle also, If I'm only playing a small gig then I bring one and run 8ohms if I need more Ooomph then I bring two and run them at 4ohms for some extra girth.
    Great cabs and easy on the back..
    Good luck
    [​IMG]

8. bassic1959

bassic1959

Jan 16, 2003
    What kind of power are you putting through the 2 T's?

9. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Eden WT 400
    400 watts, I also have played my vintage SVT, 300 Tube watts through them and the loved it.:D

10. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    You might think it's weird, but I think I need an explanation on this ohm stuff. I guess the two D210T's has to be 8 ohm's each? Do you have an WT-800 too funkster?

11. bassic1959

bassic1959

Jan 16, 2003
    2 8-ohm cabinets together will present a 4-ohm load to the amp. I use an ampeg B2r head that puts out 350 watts at 4 ohms. When using one cabinet at 8 ohms the amp puts out approx 225 watts.

12. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    No I don't have a WT800, Wish I did but don't:( \
    The thing with ohms is, It's the impedance of the cab, I'm not totally sure either but I guess amps run there best and you get the most output with the lower ohm age.
    Most cab company's offer there stuff in 4 or 8 ohms, Most amps run awesome at 8 ohms but your not getting the full potential of the amp.
    The lower the ohm age the more power your amp will push.
    I opted to get two 8 ohm cabs so that I could utilize both 4 and 8 ohms,
    1 cab at 4 ohms gives you full power, two 4ohm cabs would bring your impedance down to 2ohms
    Some amp company's can run that low now i.e. Genz-Benz.
    one 8 ohm cab cuts your power output down but two 8 ohm cabs brings the impedance down to 4ohm and that's what I use 90% of the time.
    I hope I didn't confuse you and maybe some of the other technical guy's can pop in and explain some more.
    I hope this helps

13. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    That's about what I knew about Ohm's :p
    But... I can't run it if one of the cabs is 4 ohms and one is 8, right?

I see you have a jazz bass funkster, how do you have your EQ setup on your WT-400? And what setup do you have on the jazzbass (both?)

I have a problem with getting the sound loud, punchy, defined and "bassy" at the same time... And the mic's on the jazz bass "clicks" a little when I tap the rythm when I play a groove.

Suggestions?

14. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I wouldn't work to well, 8 and 4 would give you a funky ohm age and probably do some damage.
    I keep my WT 400 set pretty flat except for the enhance knob I leave that one off Yuk!, I adjust the rest for what the room calls for. On the Jbass I keep back pup full on tone full on and I back off the volume just a hair on the fron't pup to get that Jaco-ish tone. I get a pretty good tone outa Eden stuff set flat.
    Eden gear rules..
    Anything else I can do let me know, Oh and welcome to talkbass.

15. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    The click noise and clacking is probably the set-up of the bass, Maybe the pup height should be adjusted a little lower on the bass? When was the last time it was set-up?

16. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    Thankie, that's just what I do to get Jaco'ish sound too, hehe. So do you play in a funk band or what? Mp3s? :bassist:

Problem is not to get jaco sound, it's to get old warm vintage The Band (rick danko) kind of sound.

I play in lots of different settings (funk/jazz, choirs, countryrock, rock n' roll and so on) so I should've had another amp to get this vintage sound.... but I know the WT-800 can do it... it's just I get problem with the clickin when I tap the beat on the strings.

17. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I play in a Led-Zep tribute band and a top-40 cover band and my original project called GO which is kinda psycobilli.
    Go to my website there is a Mp3 on the front page
    http://www.jfhproductions.com/
    Later Bro and enjoy the board.