Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden XLT or Avatar Neo 210s

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Oldie but noobe, Apr 16, 2005.

1. What are your thoughts. The Neo has the cast speaker basket .
    What makes Eden XLT worth 300.00 more. I think Eden weighs 15# more than the Neo

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    The Eden is a bit louder than the Avatar and handles a low B better. I wouldn't say that it is worth $300 more, but thats what you have to pay to take the step up from Avatar.

3. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    its all about the sound.

4. Well a little more please :hyper:

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

+1

6. Come on brother tell me about the sound. You know embellish :D

7. My 210XLT has a midrange bite that my Avatar Neo 410 can't match.I can EQ the Neo to get close but the Eden does it naturally.The Eden just cuts through in my band better.The Neo does sound great though and is my gig speaker of choice for the weight and volume.The 410 weighs 3lbs. less than my 210 Eden.

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Part of the price difference is the name. But the Eden cabinet has more bottom, smoother highs, and that midrange bump that just cuts right through the mix.

I would still be playing Eden if I hadn't discovered Schroeder.

9. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I had an Avatar B410 as my first Cab for a rig. I found a decent deal on an Eden 410xlt and picked that up after hearing good reviews. The tone was definitely a step up from the Avatar (no knocks to that though, it's still a great cab)

As has been pointed out, the punch and clarity is a bit better on the Eden, and the low B sounds a little crisper as well. I just wish I didn't have a buzzing speaker. :( I need to get it fixed somehow.