Eden XLT410 vs Eden XLT210?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RS, Feb 22, 2002.

1. RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Does anyone think that the 410 xlt cabinet sounds different from a 210 xlt cabinet?
    I have the 4-10, I like it but it is heavy.
  2. The 4x10 goes down lower.
  3. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    Actually, the specs on eden's site would have you believe otherwise. The d210 has ridiculous low end for a 2x10. I'd say the 210's main flaw is elevation. It blows sound at your ankles and it loses some monitoring capability unless you stack it on top of something else. Also, it's significantly bigger and heavier than, say, a hartke or SWR 2x10. For stand-alone use, you'd probably be better off with the 410. Casters will help a bit with the weight.
  4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    You can run the D210XLT on it's side. There's a slight reduction in low end but on a shallow stage it works well. Otherwise it does give your ankles a good time.

Just going by my experience with both the D410- and 210XLT's I went with 2 D210XLT's... much more flexible and no problems handling a low B. Efficient as heck too.
  5. Purs

Feb 20, 2002
    has anyone used the wedge setup D-210MBX to overcome this? Does it sound as good as the 210-xlt?
  6. RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I plan to stack to 2-10s on a 15 so hopefully I'll still hear it.
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Two 210's on a 115 oughtta do you up just right. No sweat.
  8. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I'm with Brad's camp on the two 2-10XLTs. I run my cabs with a GK 1001RB. I've never had a problem with volume, tone, projection, or clarity and definition.

However, I did waver when I was about to by my second cab. It was between two 2-10XLTs -vs- one 2-10XLT and a 1-15XLT. It was a tough decision. it's been nearly a year now, and I'm extremely happy with my rig. I play primarily funk and R & B.

In retrospect, you can't go wrong, IMHO, with:
    Two 2-10XLTs, or any of these Eden cab combinations (T means there's a horn in the cab)
    2-10XLT + 1-15XLT
    2-10XLT + 1-15T
    2-10XLT + 1-15

If you go with a 15" as the second cab, you'll have a slightly rounder / deep bottom. In contrast, two 2-10 cabs will give you a punchy, highly defined, and articulate, overall low-end tone.

Each bassplayer has his own preferences; go for what you want!