Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dahess, Feb 12, 2002.

1. dahess

Feb 12, 2002
    I'm new to the forum and new to bass guitar. I've been a guitar player for years and just getting my feet wet with bass. I've just purchased a Eden Metro and would like to hear what you think about this amp or the company.

2. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Second that.
  3. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Good Stuff!
    I just bought my first Eden head and I love it.
    I'm trying to score a 2 10T right now!
  4. lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
    I love my Metro. It is very easy to use and very versatile. Plus, I love the in-your-face low-mids it can produce. It really makes my jazz V growl. I am going to add a 4Ohm Epifani 2X12 to it in the near future so I can make use of its 600W of power!

Eden is a very customer friendly company. If you call them with a problem, they will try to fix it as quickly as possible. They are a bit slow, however, if you contact them via email.
  5. I'm going to Bass Palace on Saturday to trade two of them for an Aguilar GS-410. Email the Swami ASAP and you might be first in line to get them.
  6. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Thank you Peter I just emailed Bob!!!
    Are they in nice shape Pete?
  7. Yep. Sonically, they're perfect. Cosmetically, the corners are a bit scuffed and the carpet could use a good vacuuming, but whatever. One has casters, the other has a factory Tuki cover (no Eden logo, though).
  8. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Peter Thanks!! I scored your two Eden cabs from Bob at the BassPalace, Driving down on March 9th to pick them up,,,Can't wait! Thanks again..
  9. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    I think you're mixing Chuck Woolery with Fred Willard, but that's okay.

10. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, i love my metro. the beav hooked me up with mine about two years ago. great amp. i'm thinking about getting an eden 2x12 extension to go with it. it has so much power, you really can't crank it as is. those poor little 10's ;) awesome sound, nevertheless
  11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    dahess ~

Good call. You aren't going to be needing to "step up" to something better any time soon. Heck, I don't even know of a better combo to step up to.

There y'all are ... a DOUBLE hanging preposition.
  12. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    great amps, i own an Eden WT400 which i love, but i've heard many a horrible customer support story. my own calls however were pretty reasonable. but others say otherwise. I much prefer Aguilar's stuff and use that for my larger rig. dependable, and the shop is just a few blocks from me on Houston and Broadway. but cab wise, i'm a diehard Bergantino/Epifani guy.
  13. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    After 3 years of searching for a cheap way to get a good bass rig. I purchased a Eden CXC1015/C4.
    300 watts into a 15" and 10" Coaxial, solid state preamp. I needed an extension cab to keep up with the guitar player, added a 4-10 XST and a 1000 watt Eden amp. Over kill :( . I spent more than I had too. But if I ever need it I have 1300 watts of pure bass heaven. 1400 if I add an extension cab to the cxc. I don't know how much more agies cost than eden but the cost difference between peavey, hartke etc. etc.and the eden stuff is notable.

In closing let me say you might find some people who don't like eden as well as their rig but you would be hard pressed to find someone who said eden is a bad thing.