Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by b0nes83, Nov 28, 2002.

1. b0nes83

b0nes83

Dec 14, 2000
    well what do you guys think....which one should i get....Eden 210xlt with a wt400 head for $1,456
    or an Eden 210t with wt400 head for $1,382. thanks
    Chad

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    well ultimately it is up to your tonal preferences
    if you play a 5 and are sold on eden then the xlt would probably be the best option
    if you get a 4 ohm cabinet and only want to use 1 cabinet then the xlt wins again as it can handle 350 watts vs the t's 250
    however imho i would stick to 8 ohm cabs as you can always add a second one
    just remember that with the current epifani/bergantino rage eden 210 cabs are becoming more available on the used market
    it is also not that unusual to see eden 400 amps up for sale used for around 600

3. 210XST

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    No Eden thread would be complete without a post from me.

5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    how true!!!

i'd go with either the xlt or xst if you can swing it...

6. xlts more available on the used market? I still would like one.. 210xlt... please if you are selling let me know anyone.. I do not care if its ugly as long as the sound is still good.

for that matter a 115xlt or anything xst might interest me too.

Mike

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Eden? like,,, the garden of eden? like, eden? whats this "Eden"? ive never heard about this "Eden":confused:

8. BADABING!:D

9. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    If my math is right, you're talking about a $74 difference for the cabs.?..I'd go XLT (XST actually).

Is everything brand new? If it's used, it sounds too expensive.

BTB

10. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I've never owned an xlt but I did own a 210t for awhile. Matched with another cab, particularly a 1x15, it was great. As a stand alone cab it wimped out before any volume could really be pumped into it. The xlt might be a better choice if you're going to run a single.

11. b0nes83

b0nes83

Dec 14, 2000
    All of the edens are new and sound great and i was wondering if it sounds like a good deal....by the way I have a friend that works at the store..thanks
    Chad

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Another vote for the XLT (or XST if you can go all the way).

Peace
    Nick

13. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I owned a 2-10T before I bought 2-10XLTs. The XLTs perform much better as far as tone and volume.

It might also preferable to buy an 8 ohm cab, rather than 4 ohm, so that you can add a second one later.

Unless you're in a rush, consider waiting for a used 8 ohm XLT or XST at the right price. It will come along.