Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by warwickbass, Dec 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    Ok im just going to tell you all, do remember tho that i did put some information on here before that turned out to not be entirely accurate. (it turns out tho that that information that I had to apologize for was actually probably true) Eden has been repossesed by the bank, dave had to have his mother buy his house because he took out a loan on his house to help eden stay in busniess. they are sending out all the rest of there orders but i dont think they have been taking anymore. all there employees have been laid off and have been notified that there insurance is cancled unless they intend to pay there own premium. I think they have till the first of the year to be out of the eden building entirely. there have been rumors that the bank has it up for sale and places like guitar center and fender are looking in to buying them, tho those are just rumors. everything else i have heard form 3 of the former eden employees.

2. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    also id just like to add that this is all to the best of my knowledge. but its pretty good knowledge

3. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    As toi the information that i posted Before about eded, noone knows for sure what happened but to my understanding the supposed "new management" were buyers that backed out.

4. please be sure about your facts before posting. i only say this because i read the earlier posts. this board is pretty civil but i've witnessed instances where severe litigation resulted from opinions expressed on the web... word to the wise....

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Well, there will be people here that will check this out to see if it holds any water....................

6. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    I can tell you for sure that eden has not been running since friday november 23 in the sence that all there people have been there working. I know for sure that the friend of mine that worked there no longer has a job there. im am not putting anyone down im not saying anyones stupid im not saying i have all the hard facts but there is no doubt in my mind that 99% of the posted above is true. i could be stupid tho.

7. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    also guitar center is very aware of this thats where i heard that they and fender are looking at buying them ( again rumors not confirmed ). noone at GC that knows about this was the least bit supprised some claimed they knew about this a month ago.

8. if you have no more info past your last post - please stop. for your own sake...

this is just friendly advice but I have seen instances where a poster on the web just complained about the level of customer service received from a vendor... this resulted in a long, drawn out law suit... the party suing had deep pockets, forced the other party to quit... ordinarily, i would encourage you to keep posting...

i have just seen cases where it could get very ugly...

why are you the bringer of bad news anyway? ...

in this case, i would recommend you watch from the sidelines IF ANY

9. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    and once more ( im sorry for all the posts but this all dosent come to me at once) eden has been bounceing checks to there employees. i am to the understanding that all the employees past checks have been paid in full eventually. again i cannot say that all of this is hard fact this is just what ive heard from what i consider to be highly crediable sources. also keep in mind that what eden tells you might not be true. I called the asking about those speakers and they told me that they were shut down for the thanksgiving week on tuesday, which was to my knowlege a lie because they told there employees that they were shutting down. again this is all to the best of my knowledge. i cannot confirm any of this but i most certianly can tell you that i belive it.

10. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    ya know i want to be so so clear on this im not putting down eden or any of there employees former or not, im not claiming any of this is the truest hardest fact in the world only dave and judy would know that for sure and maybe the bank i would assume. ive met some of the people that work for eden they seem like nice people. in not saying anyones dumb or stupid or incompitent or bad busniess people or lazy or anything derogitory (if thats how you spell it, I cant apologize enough for my poor spelling and grammer skils). all im telling you is what i belive to be true. how credible i am is up to you. dont let me influence you thoughts or opnions on anyithing. "think for yourself"

11. One thing is for whole hell sure... Munji's not gonna like hearing this.

12. OK - thinking for myself.... moderator pls close this thread up as soon as you can... i love talkbass and would hate to see it shut down for whatever reason....

13. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    well you never know, If what i said is true someone like fender could buy them and eden may go on for many years, i woud love to get my hand on that place had i the money. who wouldent want that good of a bass product on there production list

14. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Guess they couldn't come up with enough gimmicky stuff for the kiddies like SWR has to stay in business.

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Indeed. But I'm checking it out. If this stuff isn't true, ol' warwickbass'd better prepare for a ramming. I'm sure the folks at Eden are not going to like this.

16. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    For sale:

Eden WT-400. Less than 1 year old, never pushed hard.

$2,500 firm.

;)

17. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    thats what im saying lump i was sure to run out and pick up that wt 800, got it just today. im not takein any chances

18. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Sorry to sound rude, but who do you work for? That's not a statement I would expect from just a "messanger". I think there's something deeper here than we realise...

19. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    oh no im just a forklift driver, im not implying anything, im just kinda sad to hear what ive heard eden makes a great product i would work there for free if it would help them out. i just hate to see a company as good as eden go under. and if i had the money and if what ive said is true i would be the first person to go well ive got to do something about this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.